can I add my pedomitor steps?

Options
2»

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I realize it's an old thread but it was bumped so heck.

If you walk 4 miles a day around your house, I'd increase your general activity in the settings, but that's about it.
  • jillianbeeee
    jillianbeeee Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I can only tell you what I do and what works for me. I put on my pedometer before I exercise in the am, when I am walking or running. I log those. Then I leave it on and try to make sure I am over 10,000 steps for the day. I don't log those because I think those are already counted in as normal daily activity. I do add mowing the grass (push mower), working in the yard or anything I normally dont do on a daily basis or anything that makes me sweat lol This works for me. Good luck!
  • Seasidedebbie
    Seasidedebbie Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I place my pedometer count in the exercise comment section.

I only count my walking if it is above my daily activities.

My goal is 6000 steps 5 days/week and 10,000 steps 2 days/week. It is hard for me to get 10,000 steps on days that I work.
  • JeffGDDG
    JeffGDDG Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I think these things we use are all tools or guidelines. Add it in for a while and if you aren't losing as much as you'd like then stop adding it. Or don't add it in and if you feel like you are losing too fast then add it in. Find what works for you.
  • txteadrinker
    txteadrinker Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Any movement is burning calories! In my (very humble) opionion, saying that you can't "count" pedometer steps is like saying that it doesn't count to put pennies in a savings account. I wear a pedometer every day and my baseline for a day is around 6,000. I've measured my stride and know that I have to walk about 2250 steps to walk a mile, so anything over 6,000, I count but at a slow pace. I do have to do some intentional walking, some of it a a pretty brisk pace, to get to 10,000 steps so I sure do count it. But, anything we do is really our own marker to see how we have progressed, so it's sure personal preference whether to count it or not. Both my savings account and my health have benefited from tiny additions!
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    Options
    If you had a fitbit it would add them in automatically because it sycs with mfp (not suggesting you get one) so I would say you can add them in.
  • 1debbie123
    1debbie123 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    If you have an EAP program (Employee assistance program) some are offering the Fitbit free and program ....look into it ...3 to 5 business days to receive ...good luck