Yikes!! Let the journey begin!!!

mebkk
mebkk Posts: 9
edited September 22 in Introduce Yourself
I just joined this program after hearing wonderful things about it from friends. I currently weigh 163 and just had my second child 5 months ago so Im trying to get ride of that post-pregnancy weight. I don't know why but I always get nervous when I start a new diet plan. Maybe bc Im afraid I will fail like I usually do? Trying to keep motivated this time. My goal is 120.....would love to wear a swimming suite this coming summer and for the first time NOT WEARING shorts over the bottom half!!! I know a lot of women do that :-) Looking forward to watching everyones weight loss journey and getting inspired and motivated from their success. Good luck to all!!!!

Replies

• ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Welcome and good luck to you!
  • loxleys
    loxleys Posts: 230 Member
    I'm new to the site too, i'm a mother of 2 also and heard from a friend who's lost a stone and 1 dress size in a month. I'm trying to lose the excess weight from pregnancy but my youngest is nearly 4! I have given 15 lbs target but ideally want to lose 25 lbs. I find it hard to reduce the amount of food I eat and wrongly think that because I run 5 times a week that I can eat what I want - but I can't.

Good luck with the weight loss and getting into your swim suit
  • gnrshelton
    gnrshelton Posts: 358 Member
    Don't think of it as a diet. Think of it as a lifestyle change. It empowers you. You can take control. It feels great to know you did what it takes to lose weight. You are in control. YOU CAN DO IT!!!
  • mebkk
    "Lifestyle change" I like that. Saying your on a diet all the time really does put a downer on it!! Lol and running 5 miles doesn't allow you to eat whatever you want. I used that excuse before after working out saying "hey I burned 500 calories now I can have that hamburger from McDonalds".......my husband was quick to tell me that wasn't to smart. He said all that work just to eat one little fattening hamburger??? Knowing its not worth it keeps me away from foods like that!
  • loxleys
    loxleys Posts: 230 Member
    you're right it is a lifestyle change and its a good thing to say to keep yourself on track. the hardest thing is to stop eating my kids leftovers or have a nibble when i'm making their lunch boxes for school. Its all the little things that are easy to forget that add the extra pounds on.

I do find that when I don't do any exercise one day I struggle with the lack of calories, Its quite restrictive but at least you can eat anything you want and you don't have to eliminate anything from your diet.

Good luck with your weight loss.
  • Hello,

This is my first week. I am excited...I am trying to decide if I want to weigh in weekly or monthly.
  • mebkk
    Weighing in weekly is how I usely start out bc when you first start a diet you do lose weight pretty easily. Then it seems like you hit your weight loss limit bc you aren't losing as much so it gets you unmotivated. So once the scale shows a stand still I do my weigh ins once month. It works for me and maybe for you too? Good luck!!
  • soze
    soze Posts: 604 Member
    A big congrats mom! Welcome aboard as well.
This discussion has been closed.