Looking for supportive friends.

Options
I just joined and my goal is losing 100 lbs. in 100 days. I know it isn't a permanent lifestyle but health wise I need to lose the weight fast. Tired of being sad remembering how beautiful I used to feel. Any support I really appreciate!

Replies

• DylanKlokner
    DylanKlokner Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I know something that helps me, When I feel like quitting I think about why I stared. :smile:
  • mich608
    mich608 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Feel free to add me :) I'm looking for friends too :)
  • 1_Slick_Chick
    1_Slick_Chick Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    You can add me! I have an open diary too and log every day!
  • deespl
    deespl Posts: 1
    Options
    i'm brand spankin new and am not quite sure how to get started, i'd love some help to
  • elizabethjerichow
    Options
    You can do it iv lost 84 pounds in six mths I would love to support you in this new weightloss journey :)! my names ellie and am also new to my fitness pal.. congrats on a great decision to get fit and healthy!!!!
  • elizabethjerichow
    Options
    You've made a great start ... You can do this :) We are capable of great things we just need to put actions behind our dreams!! My name is Ellie I am a beachbody coach and would love to help you in your weightloss journey:)
  • pkteen
    pkteen Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    You can do this! Stay at it and use us for support! You can add me if you wish :)
  • kaeb911
    kaeb911 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    ...please feel free to add me! I am also looking for some motivating friends as I am sick of this see-saw ride I am on. Time for a change!
  • Rosieannaxo
    Options
    Feel free to add:) I'm too looking for some new friends on this weight loss journey :D
  • T_Roc
    T_Roc Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me also
  • Blaqueswan72
    Options
    Good Morning. Read your post...feel free to add me. :glasses:
  • siegte16v
    siegte16v Posts: 139
    Options
    Hello feel free to add ME
    Confidence is the key !!!
  • LifeIsSoHard
    Options
    You can definitely add me as your friend! I'm rooting for you all the way :-)
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I'm presenting the below facts to help you assess whether you believe this to be a realistic goal.
    This is purely hypothetical, and I am in no way advocating this plan.

To lose a pound of fat you need to burn 3,500 calories more than you consume.

So to lose a pound of fat in a day, you would need to burn 3,500 calories more than you consume in one day.

I'm going to throw out a random guess at your BMR (the calories required to just run your body) and say 1,300. Let's say you have a fairly active lifestyle, which would make your daily burn around 1,800 before exercise.

I know you are juicing from your other thread. So lets assume a VLCD of 800 per day.

So if you are doing no additional exercise, you'd have a deficit of 1,000 Calories. You'll need to burn an additional 2,500 Calories. Again, rough estimate - that's running about half a marathon. And you'll have to go further everyday as you lose weight, mind.

So to reach your goal, you'll need to run a half marathon everyday, on an intake of only 800 Calories.

Does this sound like reasonable behavior?
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Even if 100 lbs in 100 days was possible for most people, which it's not, it's extraordinarily abusive to your body.

You are settingy ourself up for 1 of 2 things:

1) You will fall well short of your goal and be extremely disappointed in yourself, and/or
    2) You will ruin your health.

If you have 100 lbs to lose, you didn't get that way by making good decisions about your body and health. This goal is a continuation of that.

Break the cycle. Become healthy. 100 lbs in 100 days is anorexia.
  • Getfit2lookgood
    Getfit2lookgood Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I look at old photos of me and see where I was and where I want to be.
    You can do this - we're here to help!
    Add me if you wish
    We are all in this together to better ourselvs!
  • ingraha
    ingraha Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I am lookiong for supportive friends too. And good luck to everybody. I havent figured out how to add people. I have lost 20 pounds doing this program and it is amazing. If you log you can do it.
  • ingraha
    ingraha Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I agree with this. I had to finally accept that I should start with just a quarter to half a pound a week. I will be happy if I am at my goal next year which is a year from when I started last May. And I am learning all thje time how to do this which means I will havae to keep doing mfp for maintenance. YYou set yourself up for failure.
  • GettingFitt_12
    Options
    Anyone feel free to add me! Love the motivation :heart:
  • oliviagirly1
    Options
    I'm new I signed up today. I have 40 pounds I want to lose. I have no friends on here yet. Trying to figure it out :)