I need a P90X buddy.

Options
So I started with Insanity, and lost 40lbs in the 60day challenge. Then I ordered Rockin' Body and Hip Hop Abs, but even though it IS a good workout (I still sweat) I feel like I need something more hardcore. So I am thinking about P90X.

I know I can do it, especially with modifiers, and my goal is to lose 30 more pounds by January 1st, 2014. Does anyone have any interest in doing it with me? We could start on the same day, and share our before and after pictures, and motivate one another on those OFF days. I was thinking one other person, maybe two, so let me know. I plan on ordering payday, which is Friday this week.

Replies

• DebLaf
    DebLaf Posts: 248
    Options
    Hi

I am interested in doing this but I do not have the P90X yet, have been wanting it. I have a lot to lose at least 60 pounds and I am motivated by your weight loss. Can you give some details on how much you exercised and what your diet was like? You also mentioned modifiers, I don't know what that is. What is your goal?
  • rls1316
    rls1316 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just stated P90x on 10/7- finished my first week today. I love the workouts but like to add my own cardio (I always feel like I need a bit more, especially if you've done insanity it feels like a big drop). Since I haven't been in the groove of working out I will add extra cardio after phase 1 (starting week 5).

I started taking daily pics to keep me motivated to workout and accountable, I plan to take them every workout day and have a collage for each week. I think its gonna be a fun motivating way to track my progress this time around (I've started p90x before but always quit when I felt I wasn't getting the results I wanted).

I'd be happy to discuss/motivate you thru the process, some days the end feels so far away it would be nice to share that journey with others :)
  • simonkurth
    simonkurth Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Good luck guys :) I absolutely love P90X. It has changed everything for my wife and I. Feel free to add me, we are currently on our 4th round of P90X.
  • ChaslovesBrian
    ChaslovesBrian Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My husband and I just started yesterday. I would be happy to be be a buddy! I need some accountability myself. Feel free to add me. I have alot more to lose than my husband, but hoping I can lose 20 pounds in the 90 days. Even if I can just lose inches I will be happy.

We have one week that we will be at Disney world in November, and probably won't be able to do all the workouts. I plan to take some of the cardio ones with me though (kenpo, plyo), so we can kind of have another "rest" week while we are there. It will be Week 5 for us that week.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Chastity
  • ziggypop93
    ziggypop93 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I started two days ago and would love a buddy! Feel free to add me. I figure even if we aren't on the same stage, we can still motivate each other.
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I've been through P90X twice in the past, now I use it inbetween my sports and running days. I love it. I keep using it because of the results I get. I love the Plyometrics and the chest, shoulders and arms one!
  • Purplebunnysarah
    Purplebunnysarah Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    I'm a week and a bit in to my second round of P90X. Lost about 20" and 23 lbs the first time around. Feel free to add me! Hoping to get down to my pre-baby weight after this round (current goal on my ticker).
  • gms2606
    gms2606 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Friend me on Facebook and I will add you to my great support group there. We are starting Insanity in November but have one doing P90x and a couple of others doing other programs. Gina Scavonne.