Questions: Turbo Jam and Beachbody

Options
1: Is the Kickboxing (Turbo Jam included) accurate?
2: The Beachbody Ultimate Reset - is there another alternative?
3: Shakeology - doesn't Slimfast or another GNC brand work as efficient?
4: The diet plan they have is expensive. Dieting on a budget is very difficult, any way to make it easier and still achieve results?

Replies

• paytenpar2014
    Options
    The only question I can answer for you is the first one. I have been having turbo jam for years and it's still my fav workout, so I just got back into doing it as a program instead of as a supplement to other workouts. I also recently got a hrm. I'm 5'4 and 218 pounds and on mfp it says that 50 minutes of turbo jam burns over 800 calories for me and according to my hrm, it was only 491 calories. So I really suggest investing in a hrm. I got mine on amazon for like $60, it's a polarft.
  • paytenpar2014
    Options
    Oh and also, I never follow the diet plan for turbo jam. I have lost weight in the past with it (just starting back up using it everyday) and it really just comes down to calories. If you watch how many calories you eat, you will see results with turbo jam! I promise!
  • aimforhealthy
    aimforhealthy Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    1: Is the Kickboxing (Turbo Jam included) accurate?
    2: The Beachbody Ultimate Reset - is there another alternative?
    3: Shakeology - doesn't Slimfast or another GNC brand work as efficient?
    4: The diet plan they have is expensive. Dieting on a budget is very difficult, any way to make it easier and still achieve results?

1. I have no idea, I don't give my hard-earned money to snake oil salesmen.

2. Yes, there is a real alternative: eating real food.

3. Eating at a minor caloric deficit, no matter WHAT you're eating those calories as, will "work as efficient." And will probably be way cheaper than Shakeology and don't make you feel like you're drinking liquid cardboard.

4. Don't diet. Just eat foods you enjoy while tracking your calories at about a 15-25% deficit of your total daily energy expenditure (figure yours out here: fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html). Buy a food scale and learn about real portion sizes and track everything. You'll lose weight.
  • deja_blu
    deja_blu Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    1. No. I would cut that number in half if you have to guesstimate. I would invest in some type of HRM.

2. Do a cleanse (some people like to juice) and eat a clean diet.

3. A lot of those off the shelf drinks have a ton of sugar and aren't that high in protein. If you need some rule of thumb, you want a product with less than 10 grams of sugar. Eat Good, Look Great has quite a few products that meet that requirement and are good IMO.

4. The word "diet" is about what you put in your body. You are making a lifestyle change so you need to eat the foods that will keep your weight where you want it. Eat high protein, low carbs and sugar, and drink your water. That doesn't mean you can't have pizza and ice cream. Just be cognizant about what happens when you eat too much of that stuff.

5499814.png
  • simonkurth
    simonkurth Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Hi

1. HRM is the only way to go

2. The Ultimate Reset is a great way to put your body back in to order while eating real food

3, Shakeology has worked for me in conjunction with sound eating and consistent exercise. I know people seem to knock it but if you research the ingredients and compare it to Slim Fast it is not even a contest. I don't think of it as a meal replacement but more of a dense dose of nutrition that makes my body feel good.

4. Diet isn't the goal but a lifestyle change is :)Eat whole foods and I agree with Deja_Blu about number 4

Good luck :) Yes I am a Beachbody coach and I love what I do. The products work and I am an example of it :)
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    1) Accurate, as in a reasonable facsimile of actual kickboxing? No. If you mean what they estimate for calories burnt? No. But there are no exact numbers only good and bad estimates. Even a HRM properly set up is only a better form of estimate.

2) Ultimate reset? What a load of ****. And I mean a load of ****, just to be clear.

3) Shakeology? A over-priced con. You can get all the nutrients you need through a balanced diet with real food. If you need to get more protein (because you are struggling to get enough through regular eating), just use a regular protein shake. If you need more vitamins&minerals, buy a cheap multivitamin. They (beachbody) want to separate you from your hard-earned cash!

4) Just eat less of what you normally do. It should actually be cheaper, because you're eating less. It should not be more expensive.
  • simonkurth
    simonkurth Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I don't get into debates - I JUST SHARE WHAT HAS WORKED FOR ME. Proof is in the pictures
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Average of 10 calories per minute if you are working your butt off is usually safe..

don't diet.. eat real food in the right portions.
  • jenmencer
    Options
    1: Is the Kickboxing (Turbo Jam included) accurate? - I always wear a HRM and create my own workout on the app using the calories it says I burn. I know it isn't 100% accurate, but it is a general idea :)
    2: The Beachbody Ultimate Reset - is there another alternative? - I know nothing personally about the Ultimate Reset, but had a facebook friend who used videos throughout the reset to document her results. It seemed incredible, and you even noticed a difference in how she would talk and act, like it eased her mind or something. I am curious to try it...someday!
    3: Shakeology - doesn't Slimfast or another GNC brand work as efficient? - I am a coach so I am sure I will seem biased, but I also do not push sales on people so let me just say this...Shakeology works for me. I didn't believe the hype at all, and working a part-time job the price did not appeal to me at first either, but I have been drinking Shakeo for a year now and if I skip a day I notice a definite change in not only how I feel but how I want to eat also. Is it magic? I doubt it. But if you put clean food in your body you are going to notice a difference, regardless of if it is in shake form or if you are just eating a meal. I use mine for breakfast because I have a hard time eating in the morning.
    4: The diet plan they have is expensive. Dieting on a budget is very difficult, any way to make it easier and still achieve results? Buy clean foods. Or at least as clean as you can afford. Get out and jog if you can't afford a program. Like I said, I work part-time and it has been rough for me, but my health and body are worth it. If you are into Beachbody programs and supplements you can always become a coach too and save money. That was part of the reason I got into it.