When should I?????

Options
:heart: When is the best time to wiegh yourself and how often should you weigh yourself :heart:

Replies

• jessbramble
    Options
    :heart: When is the best time to wiegh yourself and how often should you weigh yourself :heart:
  • delpha2
    delpha2 Posts: 42
    Options
    There are many suggestions about this but this is my favorite obsessive routine...

In the morning, after I have a pee, and with no clothes on.
    In the evening at least two hours after eating in the buff.

Everyday!

Why?

Because you tune into all the adjustments your body makes...you begin to realize how much your body fluctuates in a day and how much eating a bit too much salt can put water weight on you. When you get your period you'll see how that affects your body and eventually you'll learn NOT to freak out over a pound or two unless you know you've been eating too much which is where the journal really helps. If you're over on your calories and you notice am increase then you can be on damage control mode early on by weighing in everyday.

That's my two cents
    -D
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Hi Jess, first off, welcome!

well, IMHO, if you want to be REALLLY GOOD about it, every 2 weeks or so. It doesn't really matter when during the day you weigh yourself, as long as you are consistant about it. I.E. the same time every time. One thing to remember is to try to weigh yourself with as little clothes on as possible, because clothes can weigh anywhere from 2 to 8 lbs so you don't want that to screw you up. I also recommend using other measuring tools besides weight to track progress, I.E. buy a tape measure and take your measurements once a month, and do a Body fat % test by a professional once every 2 or 3 months. These things can show you changes in your body that weight alone may not tell. For example, over the last 3 months I have only lost like 7 lbs, but my body fat has gone from about 17% to about 13.5 (males can have a lower % and be healthy then females) and over the last 6 months I have gone from a 38 waist to a 34.

Best of luck to you.

-Banks