Entertaining myself and others at the gym

Options
Bored with the bad magazines and sports TV at my gym, I tried something radical yesterday . . . I took my knitting with me on the treadmill and stationary bike (did not try knitting on the elliptical trainer as I value my consciousness too much ;-). Oddly enough, my heart rate was actually a few beats higher on both machines -- maybe I am subconsciously working harder to make up for looking ridiculous?

I was quite pleased to not drop a stitch.

As the gym I use is also used by students at the school where I am a librarian, this added dimension to my workout helps to enhance my reputation as "quirky". Yeah!

So ladies and gents -- get your needles going -- but carefully!

I will start a sweater today . . . how many pounds until it is finished . . . ?

Replies

• hep632
    hep632 Posts: 7
    Options
    Bored with the bad magazines and sports TV at my gym, I tried something radical yesterday . . . I took my knitting with me on the treadmill and stationary bike (did not try knitting on the elliptical trainer as I value my consciousness too much ;-). Oddly enough, my heart rate was actually a few beats higher on both machines -- maybe I am subconsciously working harder to make up for looking ridiculous?

As the gym I use is also used by students at the school where I am a librarian, this added dimension to my workout helps to enhance my reputation as "quirky". Yeah!

• butterjoy
    butterjoy Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    WE READ MAGAZINES AND BOOKS IN OUR GYM. ALSO, THERE IS A TV ON THE WALL TO WATCH WHILE DOING THE WORKOUTS. THE MAGAZINES SURE HELP PASS THE TIME ON NUTSTEP AND ELLIPTICAL MACHINE. :happy:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!

What a crack up!!! At least you are there and moving girlie! YEY YOU!
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    You're hilarious... but productive. How MANY pounds for a sweater? Scarf's about a 2lb loss? I give a sweater 10-15? :tongue:
  • AlbertSchwartz
    Options
    LOL!, thats awesome, you could knit a sweat band then use it part way though... lol
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    :laugh: That is totally cool!
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options

That is HYSTERICAL!!!:laugh: Knit away!!!! Talk about killing two birds with one stone. I am IMPRESSED! I don't think I am coordinated enough to do that. I can't even ride my bike and drink water from my bottle without falling over. I have to stop and take a drink!!!