Did you stop drinking??

Options

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I drank regularly while losing. I drank regularly while maintaining. I still drink regularly.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Replaced most of my drinks with water. I still have a draft every now and then socially, but I don't crack a cold one just cause I'm thirsty anymore.
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I'm a practicing Irish-American, and cannot imagine a world that doesn't include drinking. Like many have already said, account for your drinking calories, and don't compound the problem by eating badly (pub food, greasy spoon diners, fast food) when you are drunk, which I think is more of a dietary problem than the alcohol itself
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    No way, I always drink : )
  • odddrums
    odddrums Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Nope! I stopped buying alcohol that I keep at home, but I still go out and drink. I also drink less because my tolerance has gone down, which is a nice money saver :P I just log it and don't really care if I go over. It's so occasional that it hasn't effected my progress.

I do recommend you drink a lot of water that day, or at least before bed. It helps process everything a bit faster and less chance of hangover if you get more than tipsy.
  • amhafford
    amhafford Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Nope! I enjoy going to the bar with my friends across in Canada! My biggest thing- if you feel like getting 'tipsy', take shots, not mixed drinks. Mixed drinks are jammed with extra calories! If you have to have some, look it up before you go out, pick the ones with lesser calories, and DANCE YOUR BUTT OFF. :)
    I always end up drinking 300 calories worth of drinks when I go, but I dance and end up burning 500, so I don't worry about it all that much. If you're doing it every night-then you might want to worry, but Once in awhile? Like the saying goes, eating bad for one day won't make you fat just as much as eating healthy for one day won't make you skinny!!
  • eazy_
    eazy_ Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Yes. Just until I reach my goal. Then I will make it fit into that days calorie goal.
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Since I have decided to eat healthier, I only drink on days that ends in "day"
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    I don't drink often, but I've found that when I do it hasn't been detrimental as long as I log the calories and fit it into my goal. I had a couple glasses of wine Thursday night with dinner and still lost weight when I weighed in on Saturday.
  • WickedPineapple
    WickedPineapple Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    I didn't stop drinking, but I did cut back a little. I used to drink twice a week (once of the two until I was pretty tipsy). It does help to cut back, it's hard to track calories when you're drunk! :wink: Now it's more like two drinks a week total (unless there's a holiday/wedding/etc). If I have extra calories left at the end of the day I might have a glass of wine or I'll have a margarita when I get to see my friends. Even if you go over your calorie goal, once isn't going to kill your whole diet. Have fun! :drinker:
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Why would some drinks put you on a plateau? It doesn't work that way.
  • Siansonea
    Siansonea Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    I've stopped drinking for now. I never really enjoyed it all that much, though, so it's no hardship. I'll probably go back to the occasional glass of wine after I'm at my goal weight though, it's fun sometimes.
  • Tessyloowhoo
    Options
    HAHAHAH nope. I got utterly drunk as a skunk on Saturday and lost 2 lbs this week :drinker:
  • elainemorris1982
    elainemorris1982 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I don't drink often but when I know I'm going to a have a drink I get as much exercise in as I can the week up it to. The one thing that I have found is that when I'm hungover the next day to not let myself eat the hangover crap. Just got to stay focused and keep up the healthy eating. Works for me
  • comrade_questions
    comrade_questions Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Nooooooooooo-hoooooooo. I love my weekends.
  • Ignaura
    Ignaura Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I have stopped drinking the way I used to. First, I can't handle as much alcohol as I used to do: after the 3rd glass of wine I'm done! And I'm not going to let a weekend ruin everything I did during the week. I do have a glass of wine or two, but that's about it. I did stop drinking beer. Don;t remember the last time I had one.
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    i never started therefore i for one, didnt have to quit.
  • willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I did not officially cut them from my diet but I have not wanted a drink enough to order one. Been a long, long time since I had any booze in my body. lol... Obviously, alcoholic beverages have never been very important to me or I would have a drink once in a while.

But don't even suggest I stop drinking coffee! :noway:
  • QuincyChick
    QuincyChick Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I love wine too much to give it up. I don't drink a ton during the week (maybe a glass or two one weeknight) but I allow myself to have a couple of glasses on the weekend. It usually fits into my macros, but if it doesn't I don't sweat it and move on. I definitely, definitely have to be careful about food though- I do get snacky after I've had a few!
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Love my beers but. limit myself to one night a week. I usually drink at least a six pack that night---intended to get a buzz. So be it.