50lbs lost since the start of the year

Options
Hi all

I hope these photos work - I haven't posted any before.

Before - 251lbs

7c30eb11-cdc2-4dcb-9f36-fe5032f4ff36_zpsc7059c36.jpg

Current state - 201lbs

098e6fe7-f612-49f9-bdb3-b78b58890730_zps8f0d3f4f.jpg

When I went for a health check at the end of 2012 the doctor said I really ought to lose some weight - I had high blood pressure and cholesterol and he said I could deal with both by dieting.

I also turn 40 on Thursday, so have been trying to get fit for forty!

I haven't really tried to diet before so didn't know what to do. Did a bit of Googling and came across MyFitnessPal. It's been great for me. Initially it revealed to me just how much over my recommended amount I was eating. And then later I have been very encouraged by so many people who have succeeded on the forum.

I'm really pleased with the results so far and hopefully I can carry on to my goal weight. In the meantime, I hope this post might encourage people in the way that other people's posts have encouraged me.

Thanks very much all MyFitnessPals. It's great to know many more people are striving towards the same goal.

Greg

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!