One year of running!

Options
Oct 9 of 2012 is when I started my RunKeeper diary. I had just finished the C25K program, and vowed to not give up my new habit. I think I've done OK. I don't do events, only a 5k, but I've managed to run at least once a week and sometimes as many as 3x a week this entire past year.

My new goal is to finish a Half. I've signed up for the 2014 Seattle RnR Half, so my training will start in earnest in March or so. For now I can comfortably run 5 or 6 miles and my short runs are generally 5Ks.

I NEVER ran before last year. If you don't think you can do it, you won't.

Since I've started, my knew/ankle/foot pains and limping have gone completely away. I feel like a new man!

These numbers are way cool and keep me motivated to keep going :)

TOTAL ACTIVITIES:

TOTAL DISTANCE:
336 mi

TOTAL CALORIES:

Oh, and I've killed one pair of Brooks running shoes and am working on killing my 2nd.

Replies

• Rastamann
    Rastamann Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Congrats and keep on running! I too have a shoe cemetery. Lots of good memories and those shoes.
  • purple180
    purple180 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    WooHoo this is awesome. It is amazing what we can do when we put our minds to it. I never thought I could run 50 yards and now a 5k is a breeze (well sometimes, lol). I love the way running makes me feel. I recently started using RunKeeper and it really makes me push myself. Congrats and job well done.
  • Alliern45
    Alliern45 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the motivation! Just started C25K....slow but steady....Allie
  • wanitalilly
    Options
    Great job! I am from Seattle too I know how hard it is to get motivated with so many days of rain. But we do have lovely running vistas! Congratulations!
  • evedaeche
    evedaeche Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    well done, i can't wait to go through my first running trainers!
  • WestCoastWild
    WestCoastWild Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Ive got Brooks shoes as well! Bright pink ones, I lover them :)
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. Congrats on your accomplishments and good luck on wearing out that second pair of shoes. :smile:
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on a great year of running!
  • muamontreal
    muamontreal Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Congrats ! I am supposed to do my last run tomorrow : c25K week 9 :drinker:

I will try to keep the good habit , may be even try to train for 10 k

:flowerforyou:
  • Raw_Bean
    Raw_Bean Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Amazing work!
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    This is a great accomplishment so congratulations to you for sticking with and learning to love this exercise. Nice job.
  • Leeann1979
    Leeann1979 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Awesome accomplishments! Thank you for the motivation as I have just started Couch to 5K and loving it so far! Keep up the great work!
  • thatjeffsmith
    thatjeffsmith Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!

I'm looking fwd to many spring rainy training days to be ready to run in Seattle :)
  • DustyBanana
    DustyBanana Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!! I will be on day 2 of my Couch to 5k.

Any tips looking back that you wish someone told you when you started to run?

:)
  • FancyPantsFran
    FancyPantsFran Posts: 3,687 Member
    Options
    Congrats... one of my goals is to start C25K
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Keep it up - good work!
  • brendapalmer146
    brendapalmer146 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Very inspiring. I started running again 6 months ago. I plan to run a half marathon hopefully in June 2014. Keep up the good work. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!