Eating to get your calories in at the end of the day?

Options
Hello,
Obviously this is not my usual problem or I wouldn't be on this site. If you don't get enough calories in, do you eat at the end of the day? How late? I am not using the excercise calories. My weight loss is slow on a good day. I just don't count those at all.
Any one have this experience?

Replies

• NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I'm having that trouble. I'm trying to get my body out of starvation mode so I'm making sure I eat enough calories and since I started here on Wednesday I've had to cram in a couple hundred calories after dinner. I just drink some soda, though I don't really want to. I've been doing well with drinking only water and at the end of the day I'm usually a little over on protein and fat so I just need carbs. I'm not terribly hungry since I'm eating a lot more than I was at the beginning of the week so liquid calories are what's working for me right now.
  • sltaylor0
    sltaylor0 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    If I am under for the day I don't worry about it. I figure the calorie counting isn't always exact so for me, better to be a bit under than over. Plus, I think the under days balance the days I am a little less careful.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,986 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: once in awhile it doesn't matter, but if you exercised so much every day that you had massive calories left over, it would be a good idea to redesign your eating plan to include a bigger breakfast and lunch.
    :bigsmile:
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    nuts are good lots of calories but very good for you
  • goldspaula
    Options
    I just completed my journal with 958 calories. It was a busy day and I didn't get lunch. I don't eat to make up at the end of the day, but I won't hesitate to have an extra bit tomorrow morning. :D MFP has my calories set at 1220 a day without exercise and lots more with, but I never get enough to "bite" into those extra. My weight loss is steady at 1 - 2 pounds a week. Good Luck!
  • amyfly
    amyfly Posts: 137
    Options
    Sorry - read your post wrong if you saw my earlier reply:) If your not hungry don't force it.
  • sgeorgia
    sgeorgia Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I go back and forth from under on some days to over...seems to work. the only time it seems to slow me WAY down is when i skip meals and snacks. I feel like even if I'm under on a day that i ate all day but low calorie items i seem to lose much faster.
    good luck.
  • glyndam
    glyndam Posts: 18
    Options
    While seeing a weight doctor years ago, he taught me that if you saved calories one day, you could use them on another day. Should be in the same week. The main thing is keeping track of everything you put in your mouth. Monitoring. By saving calories one day, allows you a night out with friends, family, etc. But still monitor your intake. That is the biggest reason I love this site. Easy to track everything. :flowerforyou: