The best thing about dieting is...............

Options
.................for me it's looking forward to and savouring everything I eat!! Everything tastes so much better and I appreciate it so much more when I'm dieting than when I'm just eating for the sake of eating!

What's your favourite thing about dieting?? :)

Replies

• MrsBrown104
    MrsBrown104 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    seeing the results! =)
  • loveanddestroyx
    loveanddestroyx Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Results! Plus my healthier eating habits =)
  • notdieting
    notdieting Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    .....not actually dieting but making better choices and saying goodbye to three stone so far :happy:
  • FranceyPants
    FranceyPants Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Results
    Feeling relaxed about being in control over how much I'm eating
    Having so much more energy
  • katpatoneill
    katpatoneill Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Actually, that probably IS my favorite my part. Like, right now I'm eating dinner and just having some rice and veggies sprinkled with some lime juice and it tastes like freaking ambrosia. When I'm pigging out, the first bite is amazing, but after a while it just sucks. But since you only get so much, every taste is pretty consistently divine.
  • Mayada32
    Mayada32 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Oh lots of things and may I list many of them :
    1- eating better = glowing skin and hair
    2- no heart burns
    3- no bloating
    4- feeling light
    5- scale success
    6- feeling that I am REALLY giving my body the nutrients it needs and not just stuffing my poor stomach
    7- cravings to unhealthy stuff disappear like no more snacking on chips & cookies though it slips sometimes , shame on me:grumble:
    8- eating better= a better life and a better mind and soul :flowerforyou:
  • small_town_jubilant
    Options
    Never feeling that "overly-full" feeling!
  • Mayada32
    Mayada32 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi katpatoneill
    may I suggest regarding giving some nice ideas for your dishes which can still be healthy and taste great too..
    If you have time , you can google some healthy recipes and cook them .. there are lots of yummy stir fries , curries, pot pies, soups ,salads & even healthy burgers and pizzas which by twisting the ingredients and cooking with healthy oils and fats , you save heaps of calories AND still enjoy a fulfilling and tasty meal

Like for a healthy pizza base , I use lean chicken breast meat and in the food processor with lime juice, egg white ,salt and pepper and place it in a baking tray for 20 minutes then top it with 2 tbs of Tomato sauce , colored capsicum , mushrooms,pitted black olives and a sprinkle of light chedder cheese and in the oven for 10 mins and you have a healthy pizza.

Dice you favourite veggies and spray a non stick wok or pan with Olive oil , cook till tender , add a source of protein like pre-cooked turkey meat, chicken breast meat , lean ground beef or your favourite bean ( broad, red kidney,lentils,chickpeas) and a table spoon of any simmer sauce you like .. Serve it with 1/2 cup of steamed brown rice.. sensational :flowerforyou:
  • fuji1010
    fuji1010 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Donating my old clothes!!!!

It's the best feeling! Not sure what I'm going to do with some custom suits I have but I'll deal with it.

Joe
  • MartiCat70
    MartiCat70 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Not feeling guilty about being fat and not doing anything about it. Dieting makes me feel in control!
  • saccq
    saccq Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    The best thing about dieting is the fact that I am not dieting! I just eat things in moderation and drink more water than before. And I have more energy than before.:love::love:

50304125.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    The best thing about dieting is the fact that I am not dieting! I just eat things in moderation and drink more water than before. And I have more energy than before.:love::love:
    Wining 1st post. :flowerforyou: You beat me to it! I eat everything in moderation and am loving not feeling deprived, while still getting great results!
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Dessert.

I never used to eat dessert of any kind. Since I started losing weight this year, I've started to incorporate more ice cream and so forth into my diet. I find the treat extremely satisfying and it helps me keep my sanity.

[My goal isn't weight loss as of mid-August though]
  • Wooly_I_am
    Options
    Cheat meals! Once every two weeks or so I eat hot chips :)
  • cabrown50
    Options
    I am trying to learn how to eat healthy . So I can enjoy food more. So I need all the support I can get .
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Learning how to properly fuel my body so I can beast it out in the gym!
  • Barbonica
    Barbonica Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Learning how to cook. I focus on eating a healthy diet and that has resulted in having fun figuring out how to make yummy stuff. Who knew?
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I dont diet. My favorite thing about my "lifestyle" change is how much stronger i am and the endurance ive built. Performing better at volleyball! How my clothes fit so much better

:happy:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    ...............yeah, I'll agree I'm kinda digging the food too. I care more what I make and eat so it's better quality food, better thought out meals and I savor it more. Instead of just shoveling it in like usual. So yeah that.
  • lebbyloses
    lebbyloses Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    1) the feeling of control and confidence I get from being in conscious control of my body and what goes into it.
    2) the cooking! I love to cook, and this is a great excuse to try new things.
    3) the whooshes!