Cold

Options
I apologize if this has appeared here before.

I have always been very warm-blooded. I was warm when it was 55-degrees out. I would sweat when I brushed my teeth in the morning.

Always warm.

Until now.

Having lost a bit of weight, I find I am now always cold. Freezing, in fact. Others look comfortable, but I am cold.

Is this a result of the weight loss? Will I get acclimated to it, or is this the way it will be from here on out?

Replies

• rclarkin
    Options
    I have noticed that when I lose bodyfat I do get cold and many other people experience this, I believe it is because you have less insulation (fat). I will admit, I am not 100% sure why this happens and I am curious to find out!
  • lorihalsted
    lorihalsted Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I lost 85lbs in 2006-07 and have been cold ever since. I am trying to lose another 85 lbs or so but I may freeze to death before I do. I live in the south (USA) and would hate to think what I would feel like if I lived in a colder climate. Layers....best of luck!
  • Nikki31104
    Nikki31104 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I am ALWAYS freezing. It was 67 degrees at work today and I had a sweater on, gloves (with the finger tips cut off so I can type), and a heating pad on my lap and I was still cold. Right now my feet are like ice. I do live in Minnesota but you would think I would be more used to it since I have been here my whole life. Nope I lost 40 pounds and became a freeze baby.
  • CallMeRuPaul
    CallMeRuPaul Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    i experienced the same thing. i'm down about 30 pounds and seem to be cold all the time. i even raised the temp in my house by about 3 degrees. i just attributed it to the weight loss (like someone else said, "less insulation" and your not working as hard carrying that extra weight around).
  • BethAnnC448
    BethAnnC448 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Same here, I am cold all the time now it seems.
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Some days. I notice that if I overeat, I don't feel cold. I think at least part of it is that when you are in a calorie deficit, your metabolism adjusts to burn less calories on things like body-heat.