Replies

• Blondiegrl11
    Blondiegrl11 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Falco- rock me Amadeus
  • kimlynn919
    kimlynn919 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I think it topped out in the charts at number 7 or so, but my favourite song ever is Hysteria- Def Leppard.
    Edit...wait, wait, actually... Bohemian Rhapsody is the best song ever!!! I'm still on my first coffee and not thinking clearly.

i thought this was about one hit wonders??
  • lukasmac
    lukasmac Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    'New Age Girl' - Dead Eye ****
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    "I ran" from Flock of Seagulls
  • soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    Chumbawumba - I get knocked down

Placebo - Every me and every you
  • MizSookeh
    MizSookeh Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Elastica - "Connection"

http://youtu.be/gY2s4hJ8kuA

Off topic - Gary <3

That is all.
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    "It always seems like someone is watching you" by Rockwell. Michael Jackson did back up.
  • haha
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    idk about *greatest*, but i thought the demics' new york city was good. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwfkpW63Nj8

i also, lately, have had debbie gibson's 'only in my dreams' running riot in my inner ear (though i think she had 2-3 hits, but just the one album, maybe that can count? though yes unsure if great. would defend 'catchy'.)

martha and the muffins - echo beach
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Europe...The Final Countdown

Europe had "Carrie" though ;-)
  • itsjustdawn
    Options
    I think it topped out in the charts at number 7 or so, but my favourite song ever is Hysteria- Def Leppard.
    Edit...wait, wait, actually... Bohemian Rhapsody is the best song ever!!! I'm still on my first coffee and not thinking clearly.

i thought this was about one hit wonders??

HAH! Apparently some people don't know what that means!
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Karma Police - The Radioheads

That's a joke right? Because Radiohead is pretty iconic. Plus there was a little hit called "Creep" that was pretty huge.

One of my all time favorite musicans is Ben Folds/Ben Folds Five, but people only know him for the abortion song "Brick" which is sad because he is amazing.

Some other people said I thought were great: one tin soldier, melt with you, take on me, the freshmen.

Left Bank "Just walk away Renee" I love. Same with Mazzy Star "Fade into You"

I can go on forever. Mr. Mister "Broken Wings" Cutting Crew "I just died in your arms tonight".
  • itsjustdawn
    Options
    The Turtles Happy together.

Shut up I'm old.:grumble:

I like this!
  • MizSookeh
    MizSookeh Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Some of you have strange ideas about 1-hit wonders! Or possibly just not fans or followers.

The Bloodhound Gang - Fire Water Burn was out long before The Bad Touch, and arguably better known (the roof.... the roof.. the roof is on fire, for anyone who doesn't actually know what THAT song is called). Their 5th album is out soon.

Duran Duran - WHAT?! Girls on Film, Rio, Hungry Like The Wolf.... Learn to 80s! :laugh:

Placebo - maybe they're just not as big in the US? Every You Every Me was definitely 'the mainstream/breakthrough single', but they have just released their 7th album, with the last few albums peaking in the top 10 on the charts here, in the UK and Europe, consistently #1 in France.... so definitely not suited to this list. :smile:
  • tootchute
    tootchute Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmm bop
  • itsjustdawn
    Options
    Martika - Toy Soldiers
    Back for Good - Take That
    All I Need - Jack Wagner
    Back to Life - Soul II Soul

... OK I will stop going through my music collection. I especially love 80s one hit wonders :-)
  • itsjustdawn
    Options
    Mmmmmm bop

Hanson had other hits
  • kimlynn919
    kimlynn919 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Europe...The Final Countdown

Europe had "Carrie" though ;-)

I know right?? I think the same thing every time I see them listed as a one-hit wonder!
  • itsjustdawn
    Options
    Falco- rock me Amadeus

Good one! Did you ever hear is "Vienna Calling?"
  • itsjustdawn
    Options
    Friday - Rebecca Black
    Call Me Maybe - Carly Rae Jepson
    I Think We're Alone Now - Tiffany
    Your Woman - White Town
    Total Eclipse of the Heart - Bonnie Tyler

Tiffany had other hits, and Bonnie Tyler had "Holding Out for a Hero" which was pretty well known.