Intro Me

Options
Hello everyone

My name is Derek and I am new on this site. I have blogged already and my profile will tell you all about me: my goals, my reasons for being here.

I am not looking to be superman and I hope to take it fairly easy and build up an excercise regime that is longlasting, fun and one that suits my longterm goals and of course my lifestyle.

I am certainly seeking 'fitness pals' on here, so feel free to drop by my page and say hi. I am friendly and tend not to bite.

Wishing you the best on your journey to better health. X

Replies

• highrise
    highrise Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP! It's a great community; you'll be dropping those pounds in no time :-)
  • dekbear
    Options
    Hello Highrise

Thanks for the comment. Looking at your image I cannot imagine why you would need to lose any weight. You look super slim and super great already. Hope you enjoy your travels. I travelled in 1999 from England and I never went back. I now live in Beirut. It is brilliant and so exciting. I am off to buy a pedometer today, as my friends back in the UK swear by it and often walk more than ten miles a day. I too will be doing that soon, I just know it.
  • highrise
    highrise Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your kind words! I'm at the end of my weight loss journey, but I've stuck around as I love the community and the friends I've made over the past year or so.

Good luck with your weight loss - I'd find it tough with all of that fantastic Lebanese food!
  • dekbear
    Options
    Yes, I just read on your profile you are at the end of the weight loss part and are now keeping up the fitness part. Good for you. You are right regarding Lebanon and its food. You cannot imagine how society revolves around food. Lunch is between 3pm and 5pm, dinner is after 9pm mostly, and much later. Shocking! What's worse is that it is a crime to refuse food at homes you may visit, it is a total insult. This is going to be the hardest part as being a foreigner here you want to fit in and not put folks' backs up. I very much am going to focus on the exercise part of my programme. I hope to lose 17kg, or there abouts. I know I will do it, even surrounded by this gorgeous cuisine. I gave up smoking in February and have packed on the KGs since then. Now it is time to let them go too. :)