Insanity Workout

Options
Has anyone tried the Insanity Workout - I'm watching the infommercial that on TV now. I'm considering it!!

Replies

• jenmencer
    Options
    I did it, didn't finish though due to injury but am planning to do it gain in the future. What did you want to know?
  • rolemodel69
    Options
    Did it, it is a pretty insane program! I don't know what is your fitness level but this program can litterally kick anyone butt, even the more advance people.
  • d3ck5
    d3ck5 Posts: 47
    Options
    i started my 2nd week this week.

its pretty intense.

no

very intense, but its a whole lot of fun.

prepare to look like you've jumped into a pool with your workout clothes on
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I'm excited to hear from folks- I joined the beachbody fitness club so I could get discounts on all the videos and Insanity is next on my list after I finish the one I'm on right now.

It appears to be all bodyweight- no equipment necessary. Is that true? Thanks!
  • EniBee
    EniBee Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I've just started wekk 7, and I am enjoying it. The only thing is that you have to e motivated and determined to see it through...barring injuries! I know that after week 5, that is 2 days into month 2, I wanted to give up simply for the fact that the intensity went up 2 gears and I thought that I couldn't keep up! But, by "Digging Deeper" I am managing to continue!

Best thing about the work out is that you feel great once you have completed each day and you KNOW you have had a serious workout because you are dripping in sweat! Also, absolutely no weights required, you use your body mass as resistance. When I go on my business trips, there is no excuse not to continue with the regime because I have the workout loaded on my laptop and can exercise in my hotel room.

GoodLuck!
  • ktlinn4
    ktlinn4 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I just started my second round of insanity right after the first round! (Insane? Maybe a little...:wink: ) After round 1 I lost over 30 inches and 20 lbs! I was very out of shape when I started and it was pretty hard even to get through the fit test. My quads hurt "insanely" bad for about 3 days. But I toughed it out and by days 4&5 I found I wasn't NEAR as sore. If you decide on Insanity DEFINITELY take measurements & pics first! I gained weight the first couple weeks and FINALLY started showing loss of weight in week 4. I was losing 3.5 inches a week though!

It is super intense but like the others said you really do feel awesome after the work out! If you can stick to the routine and eat right this is an excellent program! Shaun T does a great job and getting you motivated! Don't forget your towel!
  • d3ck5
    d3ck5 Posts: 47
    Options
    one thing i find with insanity (and im sure others will agree with me) is that even though the workouts last anywhere from 30-1hour+ they all go very very quick.

and as much as you hurt, and you curse, and you yell, and you wipe, and you curse some more, once that workout is over, there is the briefest point where you go, "that wasn't so bad. i wanna do it again!"

of course, most of us never do, and when i mean briefest, im talking a 3-5 second window :)
  • EniBee
    EniBee Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    one thing i find with insanity (and im sure others will agree with me) is that even though the workouts last anywhere from 30-1hour+ they all go very very quick.

and as much as you hurt, and you curse, and you yell, and you wipe, and you curse some more, once that workout is over, there is the briefest point where you go, "that wasn't so bad. i wanna do it again!"

of course, most of us never do, and when i mean briefest, im talking a 3-5 second window :)

hmmm....for the briefest nano second!! To tell the truth, the first few days of month 2 psychologically were difficult for me because I was always thinking...I have 1 hour of Insanity to do!!!! A whole hour, how will i survive!!! But, I agree, once I hear Shaun T say...we are coming to the last exercise so dig deeper...I start to feel that there is an end in sight! But tthe time does go by quickly...if you pretend not to clock watch and just focus on the exercise.
  • drazani
    drazani Posts: 98 Member
    Options

very intense, but its a whole lot of fun.

prepare to look like you've jumped into a pool with your workout clothes on

I'm on my second round now (mixing it up with YAYOG) and the above poster is right even on the second round of insanity I still look like I have had a swim with my workout gear on lol

I feel great after every workout as well, definitely worth it, IMHO.
  • AA1ex
    AA1ex Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I loved it! My husband couldn't finish due to an injury he got. So go for it but be safe!:flowerforyou:
  • ttknowles01
    ttknowles01 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I just completed month 1 today. This is my second time going through the program. I love it, but it is a bit rough on the joints, so I have to modify some of the moves :-). It did get a bit boring during round 1, so round 2 I mixed it with strength training workouts every other day. I think you should go for it!!!
  • el_joey
    el_joey Posts: 12
    Options
    Just finished three weeks ago and now doing Focus T25. Just make sure you don't freak out when you see the timer go up to 52 minutes on phase 2.
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    I did..finished it too.. Loved it.. my life is busier now so I just started T25..

It was hard and very challenging. I don't recommend it for someone who doesn't work out currently but if you are already active give it a try.