Bummer!

I have been doing everything right! Keeping my calories at 1200 is easy and I have been totally getting out and running and working out.

But I am 1.5 pounds heavier today? :huh:

I am soooooo bummed, I should have lost another pound this week and nothing. I even ran 4 miles this morning.

Do you think this is just a pre- weight loss jump up? I don't know, I can't figure out why I would gain. I have done great recording and even pre recording what I eat so as not to go over.

Maybe my salad with a little chicken and super light salad dressing is to blame. I had that two nights in a row? I boiled the chicken and it was breast with no skin?

Maybe I am working out to much? I wouldn't think that would do it, nothing like weight training or anything, really just running.

WHY!!!!!:sad:

Replies

• I have been doing everything right! Keeping my calories at 1200 is easy and I have been totally getting out and running and working out.

But I am 1.5 pounds heavier today? :huh:

I am soooooo bummed, I should have lost another pound this week and nothing. I even ran 4 miles this morning.

Do you think this is just a pre- weight loss jump up? I don't know, I can't figure out why I would gain. I have done great recording and even pre recording what I eat so as not to go over.

Maybe my salad with a little chicken and super light salad dressing is to blame. I had that two nights in a row? I boiled the chicken and it was breast with no skin?

Maybe I am working out to much? I wouldn't think that would do it, nothing like weight training or anything, really just running.

WHY!!!!!:sad:
  • Jezika
    Jezika Posts: 82 Member
    Have you been eating the calories you earn from working out? If you don't do that it puts your body into starvation mode so it retains everything it can to keep you going.

Also, is the first thing you do in the morning to weigh yourself? I weigh right after I use the toilet and at pretty much the same time every morning. That gives a more accurate number.

And one more thing... if your clothes are fitting better or looser it could be a sign that your gaining more muscle and losing fat, which would shrink your body a bit but still keep you weighing the same...

Sorry if I didn't help any. Good luck though with your goals!!!
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Are you weighing yourself everyday? I wouldn't suggest doing that cause our body can weigh a different amount given any day. I would pick one day each same time and do it that way. You'll get a more accutate weight reading that way.
    Also is it that time of the month? Is it coming up? Cause it could be water retention.
    Stay positve:flowerforyou:

-Adrienne:heart:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    I've heard that you SHOULD eat at least MOST of your exercise calories. Also, they say to make sure you're drinking LOTS of water each day.
    As for weighing in, I only do it once a week, in the morning, because that's when you weigh the least. I don't understand people that weigh in every day, and even sometimes several times a day. They're just looking to get "bummed" out doing THAT!
    Good luck, I hope the weight DOES start coming off so that you don't get totally discouraged.
  • Thank you for your support!

I hear what everyone is saying, and I will hope this is just a low moment. I know my motabolism is real slow and that is why I like to run to help bring it to a normal level. But if I eat the calories I burn, I will never loose anything. As a person who got fit before, I learned my body is one of those that could easily be fat just by eating what the normal person eats. I also had an operation when I was young to save my life that removed my gaulbladder, and that filters a lot of fats that you eat, so I have to watch that extra. If I eat a piece of candy bar or cake, even just one, I can put on a pound or two.
    I am sure I will do better this week, I will take a day off of hard work out and maybe I am just putting on muscle. I think that the one who said that is probably more right than anything. I have a strong build and tend to do too much when I feel good.
    Plus I probably still have some stairoids in my system from my treatments, and that stuff is so bad to put on weight.
    And I know I should not weigh myself everyday... but I am retarded and have it down to a science and do it at the same time everyday and pre weigh to see if I am going to be right or not. I was worried when I first weighed this morning and then after my work out I wasn't surpised that I was over, just dissapointed. I was hoping by a miracle that it wouldn't be there. If I don't weigh myself, I gain weight, it is the only thing that I know to help me know what makes me gain weight.

And option of that time of the month, Not any more. I have to take a pill to make sure that I don't as part of my treatment.

Thanks for everyones help, I will stay Positive and go shopping!
    SM
  • Yeah! That weight was gone this morning and it took an extra half pound off with it. MMM strange thing to gain and loose a couple of pounds just like that for no reason. Maybe too much salad, I skipped the salad yesterday-maybe something in it retaining water?
    "Salad Sressing I bet!" even though it is low calorie I bet my system didn't take to well to it.

Happy anyway!

:laugh: :laugh: :happy: :tongue: :laugh: :laugh: :bigsmile:
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    :drinker:

-Adrienne:heart:
  • Fit2btied
    Fit2btied Posts: 486
    Yeah! That weight was gone this morning and it took an extra half pound off with it. MMM strange thing to gain and loose a couple of pounds just like that for no reason. Maybe too much salad, I skipped the salad yesterday-maybe something in it retaining water?
    "Salad Sressing I bet!" even though it is low calorie I bet my system didn't take to well to it.

Happy anyway!

:laugh: :laugh: :happy: :tongue: :laugh: :laugh: :bigsmile:

Bet it was water weight!!! Way to go, and keep it up!
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    I upped my calories per Banks and Tim (who fell off the planet apparently) and have been a lot more successful. You are doing like me, keeping busy, doing everything right...Go have a munchie this week and get all crazy for a meal! Then try my "Hop-skip-jump naked" scale routine. This should help you!

I only lose when I do something nutty, and then push a super great workout in there another day.

I have no clue...But you are doing so great girlie! Keep up the motivation! You totally motivate me here, so keep up the great work!

:flowerforyou: