My unscientific rant about why you can't lose weight

Options
Beastmaster50
Beastmaster50 Posts: 505 Member
This is completely opinionated with zero scientific support. If your screen name includes your partner's name, your kid's name, or any mention of being a parent, you are setting yourself up to fail. Not that these things shouldn't be important to you, but they show your priorities are skewed. This site should be about you and your goals. Put you first in this regard. You didn't stop being you when you gave birth or got married. Think about it.

Replies

• beernpizza2
    beernpizza2 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    :huh:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    :huh:
    I'll second that. :huh: :huh:
  • Arne_becomesxXx
    Arne_becomesxXx Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Hahaha!!!
    Thats worth to get researched scientificly. :drinker:

So, "Ms. beernpizza" whats your opinion? lol.....maybe change into "beernpizzahatrrrrr"?
    No, just a joke :flowerforyou:

But that´s a really cool statement :laugh:
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Often times I like to think before I use my words. My words have the power to bring joy, hate, smile, love, and in general, emotions and thought to the people that hear or read it.

Which is why often times I find it unnecessary to use them. Often times, silence proves far better than my words.

May the silence be with you OP.
  • iceqieen
    iceqieen Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    heh from attacking people in general to specifically targetting women in 2 posts. hello troll? I hope so.. cause the world does not need yet another misogynist fool. at least, my world doesnt :P
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Taunto, the women here really don't need you to save them. Climb back on your white horse and ride back to your basement dwelling.

Considering that I haven't really tried to save any woman here and combined with you talking about your junk in other thread and how british girls are prude... you're coming off very ...rapey.

Is everything OK with you man?
  • momwhosbusy
    momwhosbusy Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    As a mom of 4 who does have that reflected in my screen name I find this to be an interesting perspective. I agree with your unscientific rant to some degree. (A rather large degree actually) For me though it has been about finding the proper balance of being a wife and mom while still taking care of me. Its not always easy and it is far too easy to use those responsibilities as excuses as to why I can't exercise, eat healthy, etc...

The part I disagree with though is that "you didn't stop being you when you gave birth/got married". No I didn't stop being me BUT "me" had to be re-defined and being a wife and a mom IS a part of who I am now. It isn't ALL I am now though and it took me a long time to see that and figure out how to balance everything so that I can take care of my family and ME.
  • BeckyMBisMe
    BeckyMBisMe Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Beastmaster50, I think I love you!:love:
    40 years of fighting this fat and not getting anywhere because I was always busy worrying about the hubby and the family, their feelings and appetites. Well I've made the decision that I will get healthy for these last 20 or so years of life no matter what.
    Hubby is coming around now that he knows I mean it! :happy:
  • amylouize2012
    amylouize2012 Posts: 268 Member
    Options

Haha, there are a few people in work I must say this to x
  • anlu37
    anlu37 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    UGH. That is all.

27508099.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    in....for the show that this will generate ...
  • Beastmaster50
    Options
    heh from attacking people in general to specifically targetting women in 2 posts. hello troll? I hope so.. cause the world does not need yet another misogynist fool. at least, my world doesnt :P
    actually you'll find me to be very supportive and helpful. I'm not attacking women in this thread. I'm simply pointing out that by putting themselves first, they are more likely to succeed. This in turn will help their spouses and kids in the long run.
  • SkinnyFatAlbert
    SkinnyFatAlbert Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Please produce a peer reviewed study on this theory. BS until then.
  • ladypenel
    ladypenel Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Taunto, the women here really don't need you to save them. Climb back on your white horse and ride back to your basement dwelling.

Considering that I haven't really tried to save any woman here and combined with you talking about your junk in other thread and how british girls are prude... you're coming off very ...rapey.

Love it when someone 'stirs the pot'. But don't think he is OK if he thinks us Brit girls are prudes - he clearly has never crossed the pond and dipped his toes in!
  • Beastmaster50
    Options
    Please produce a peer reviewed study on this theory. BS until then.
    please read the thread title where I stated it is merely my opinion.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    If the posters' partners and children fall within their macros, they'll be fine.
  • SugarBaby71
    SugarBaby71 Posts: 3,630 Member
    Options
    What the OP has said is true, although possibly not well stated. To be honest my doctor actually said something like that. He said, "It's time for you to look after you. The rest of them will be fine." As someone who puts everyone and anyone first as a habit, I needed permission to take something for me.

So I think that while the general idea is good, the delivery kind of sucks.

ALSO -The girls putting wife / mother in their user names might be putting a message out there to creepers... maybe???
  • KinoM
    KinoM Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Often times I like to think before I use my words. My words have the power to bring joy, hate, smile, love, and in general, emotions and thought to the people that hear or read it.

Which is why often times I find it unnecessary to use them. Often times, silence proves far better than my words.

post-23757-Magic-Man-Troll-Go-Away-gif-Ad-sYhR.gif
  • futuresize8
    futuresize8 Posts: 476 Member
    Options

Love it when someone 'stirs the pot'. But don't think he is OK if he thinks us Brit girls are prudes - he clearly has never crossed the pond and dipped his toes in!

Toes?!?
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    If your screen name includes your partner's name, your kid's name, or any mention of being a parent, you are setting yourself up to fail at getting a date or having an affair on MFP

FTFY
This discussion has been closed.