Anyone with HRM burining 292 calories in 30 minutes?

Options
It's my MFP setting. Just wondering, the highest I;ve gotten is 274 with a high intensity DVD. What exercises are you doing?

Replies

• strangeone25
    strangeone25 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I got up to 300 calories jogging for 30 minutes.
  • rhondatime2chg
    rhondatime2chg Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I get up to 300 sometimes on the elliptical, depending on how hard I push.
  • S3r3knitty
    S3r3knitty Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    312cal in 30minutes when jogging. I don't even run the whole time yet. Did 5x3mins runs with walking breaks in-between
  • DoingitWell
    DoingitWell Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Ok...will push myself harder. Sometimes you want to know it's possible.
  • kinmad4it
    kinmad4it Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I'll easily go over 300 calories doing 30 minutes on the elliptical.
  • sowinstead
    sowinstead Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I burn around 100 calories every 10 min doing a cardio dvd. I burn a little more than 100 calories every 10 min running on the treadmill, and even more when running outside.
  • candiceh3
    candiceh3 Posts: 379
    Options
    I burn more than 400 cals doing fast running on a treadmill - and that is calculating using a HRM.
  • SHRINKINGG1
    SHRINKINGG1 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I hit over 600 on a 30 min run walk plan but it all depends on age and size along with intensity. Someone with 20 pounds to lose will have to work a lot more intensely then someone with 50-100 pounds to lose at the same activity.
  • daniellemm1
    daniellemm1 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I typically burn around 315 calories during a 30 minute "easy" run. I weigh 195, if you weigh less you may not burn as many calories but if you weigh more you may burn more!!!
  • Brunette122
    Brunette122 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I burn around 300 for 30 minutes on the eliptical. Are you reaching the max of your target heart rate range?
  • nytrifisoul
    nytrifisoul Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    300/30 seems low. I usually burn over 400/30 with a calculated average HR between 155 - 175.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    300/30 seems low. I usually burn over 400/30 with a calculated average HR between 155 - 175.

Not necessarily - 300/30 might seem low to you but to many (women, especially), this is a pretty high calorie burn. Men typically burn more calories then women due to a higher muscle mass. I've read this is they reason why calorie burns from some cardio machines tend to be on the high side because they program for an average male user rather than a average female user.

Calorie burn all depends on your personal stats (height, weight, gender) and the type of exercise you're doing. When I was 80+ pounds heavier, I could burn 300 calories in no time. Now it takes a very high intensity workout like running, stairmill or using the elliptical on a high resistance setting to burn 10 calories per minute.
  • nytrifisoul
    nytrifisoul Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean about difference in weight/age/height and calories burned. I had to start adding hand weights and a weighted vest to my exercise routine when i lost alot of weight to get that same HR/cal burn.I just never took gender into consideration for calories burned by HR. I guess because im male and have high cardio, anything below 155 HR doesnt even break a sweat for me.
  • megganxrose
    megganxrose Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I easily burn more than 300/30, when I'm on the elliptical I'm on a fairly high level so that definitely increases my burn.