43 lbs lost... face pics

Options
SapiensPisces
SapiensPisces Posts: 1,001 Member
I'm a bit reluctant to write here, but I just hit a really big milestone.

In 2010, I was at my highest weight (around 228, though I'm not really sure of my official heaviest size). I started MFP in January 2010 and quickly lost about 20 lbs. I lost my grandmother in 2011, and the grief sent me right back to emotional eating. I gained some of it back, then was able to get back on track and lose some more. All in all, this took me almost 2 years to lose 40 lbs the first time. I struggled tremendously with emotional eating and hiding a lot of that from my MFP friends at the time.

Then, I got pregnant, gained 30 lbs, and had my son in February 2013. I lost my grandfather in April, and it really sent me downhill y et again. I was at 195 6 months after his birth, and I have been fighting tooth and nail for every lb lost since.

Today, I'm officially smaller than I was when I got pregnant. The feeling that I've conquered the dreaded pregnancy weight is amazing, and I hope my story will help others keep pushing no matter what gets thrown at you.

Pic on the left is me in 2010, and the pic on the right is my face today. I have no pictures of me from the neck down at my highest weight or even when I was in the high-190s and up. I was so embarrassed by my size that I didn't allow anyone to photograph me.

before_after3_small_zps7d23d5d6.jpg

I still have another 20 pounds to lose before I'm no longer "overweight" which is my third major goal marker (first was no longer obese, and the second is lower than my pre-baby weight).

Whatever happens or however many times you screw up, just don't give up on yourself and you will find success.

ETA: I was a size 20/22 in the left pic. I'm a comfortable size 14 now. Apologies for goofy hat too. LOL

Replies

• shellylb52
    shellylb52 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! :smile:
  • fuselighter
    fuselighter Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    WTG! This is very inspiring!!!
  • TallGlassOfQuirky
    TallGlassOfQuirky Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    You are awesome and I am so proud of you
  • wild_wild_life
    wild_wild_life Posts: 1,334 Member
    Options
    Awesome and congrats! You can really see a difference!
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    You are looking great, and I can't wait to see how far you will go!!
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Awesome job. Love your hair too.
  • vickygraboske
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • professorRAT
    professorRAT Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    You're so frickin' adorable :flowerforyou:

You look fantastic! Great work!!
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    I love this. I love you...and I think the goofy hat is adorbs.

I'm sorry you've been struggling but I have been watching your fight from the sidelines and cheering you on.

This is fantastic!!

((hugs))
  • BebeStyles1990
    Options
    You're so pretty :) Well done hun!
  • DarthPato
    Options
    You look fantastic and your hard work has paid off. You are a inspiration to many hun!
  • mrsamanda86
    mrsamanda86 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Life definitely got in the way, but you didn't let it keep you down, that's amazing :) and I agree with others, you are freakin adorable! I wish I could pull off short hair like that, not many women can!
  • wendydl
    wendydl Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Well Done :smile:
  • Yiazach
    Yiazach Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    You are so on your way to a new you!good job and keep it up!
  • VeganAmandaJ
    VeganAmandaJ Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Awesome job, really nice to see results, eh? I've been taking full body pics since almost beginning of my journey about 7 months ago and have a few from before too.. hard but nice to see the changes. Keep it up, you rock!
    I'm a bit reluctant to write here, but I just hit a really big milestone.

In 2010, I was at my highest weight (around 228, though I'm not really sure of my official heaviest size). I started MFP in January 2010 and quickly lost about 20 lbs. I lost my grandmother in 2011, and the grief sent me right back to emotional eating. I gained some of it back, then was able to get back on track and lose some more. All in all, this took me almost 2 years to lose 40 lbs the first time. I struggled tremendously with emotional eating and hiding a lot of that from my MFP friends at the time.

Then, I got pregnant, gained 30 lbs, and had my son in February 2013. I lost my grandfather in April, and it really sent me downhill y et again. I was at 195 6 months after his birth, and I have been fighting tooth and nail for every lb lost since.

Today, I'm officially smaller than I was when I got pregnant. The feeling that I've conquered the dreaded pregnancy weight is amazing, and I hope my story will help others keep pushing no matter what gets thrown at you.

Pic on the left is me in 2010, and the pic on the right is my face today. I have no pictures of me from the neck down at my highest weight or even when I was in the high-190s and up. I was so embarrassed by my size that I didn't allow anyone to photograph me.

before_after3_small_zps7d23d5d6.jpg

I still have another 20 pounds to lose before I'm no longer "overweight" which is my third major goal marker (first was no longer obese, and the second is lower than my pre-baby weight).

Whatever happens or however many times you screw up, just don't give up on yourself and you will find success.

ETA: I was a size 20/22 in the left pic. I'm a comfortable size 14 now. Apologies for goofy hat too. LOL
  • Kadoober
    Kadoober Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    You look incredible!
    It always amazes me, how much younger everyone looks in their 'after' pictures. You look like a teen, and your haircut is way, way cute! :)
  • djshari
    djshari Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    way to go!!!
  • SapiensPisces
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your kind words. It means a lot to me to see all the support here on MFP. This is such a great community.

ETA: Thanks for the compliments on my hair too!
  • SapiensPisces
    Options
    Awesome job, really nice to see results, eh? I've been taking full body pics since almost beginning of my journey about 7 months ago and have a few from before too.. hard but nice to see the changes. Keep it up, you rock!

That is one big regret that I don't have any decent body pics of me at my heaviest size to compare to. All I can do is compare my pants from them to what I wear now. Thanks for commenting!
    You look incredible!
    It always amazes me, how much younger everyone looks in their 'after' pictures. You look like a teen, and your haircut is way, way cute! :)

OMG thanks! I feel a lot younger too. :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!