40 pounds down... With pictures!

Options
Okay... Let me tell you a little bit about me.

I was an anorexic, once upon a time. Here are a few pictures.

1381804508.jpg

1381803785.jpg

I entered recovery, gained a few pounds back, and then got pregnant almost immediately after. I quit smoking, and my body was sucking in massive amounts of calories. I went from a cute, 130-pound girl in recovery to a 224-pound monster the day I went into labor. It was not pretty (although I had a baby that could have rivaled an Eriksen baby. If you don't know what I'm referring to, Google).

The next few months were harsh. I didn't produce enough milk so I couldn't BF. My mother basically disowned me. My fiancé was out of work and I didn't qualify for maternity leave, so I went back to work the day my son turned 3 weeks old. I had a fire in my apartment on Valentine's Day, which destroyed nearly everything I owned, and had to move in with my soon-to-be-mother-in-law.

On April 25th, weighing in at 190 pounds at 5'5", and feeling miserable about myself, I joined MyFitnessPal. I had used it during my eating disorder phase to keep the weight off and one of my coworkers brought up that she was using it, so I instantly started.

Almost six months later, here I am, weighing in at 150 pounds.

1381803255.jpg

The picture on the left is me at 190 pounds. The picture on the right is today, 40 pounds lighter. I'm almost there.

I would like to be somewhere between 120-130; I'm not sure yet. I'll know when I get there. This has been such a crazy up and down. But, I owe all my success to counting calories (my diary is open if you want to see, but I warn you, I subscribe to the IIFIYM theories, and don't claim to be a clean eater) and walking the mile to work almost every day. I would like to get into yoga, running, and lifting, although I am now a single mother working full-time, so my time is limited. But I am excited for whatever the future holds, and I wanted to share this little success!

Replies

• hannahpistolas
    hannahpistolas Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    By the way, don't take in my diary from the last week or so. My appetite has been a little jacked because I'm going through the aforementioned split from said fiancè, so I've been a little bit down.
  • MermaidTX
    MermaidTX Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    You've done an amazing job with getting through so many rough times!

Congrats on your 40lb loss, you look great!
  • hannahpistolas
    Options
    Thank you! I just found my before pictures in my phone and I thought... Wow. I look like a totally different person. :blushing:
  • jennyiscool13
    jennyiscool13 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!! You look great! :)
  • hannahpistolas
    Options
    Thank you! I'm celebrating tonight!
  • cassig13
    cassig13 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    You look great you are inspiration! Ty for sharing.
  • hannahpistolas
    Options
    You are sweet! Thank you!
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! You look great!
  • hannahpistolas
    Options
    Thank you, princess!
  • shawnpcorreia
    Options
    Your doing great, and you look terrific. Don't let life's speed bumps throw you off track and spoil the one thing that you have done for yourself. Be selfish! You are what truly makes you happy. :)
  • seanevan10
    seanevan10 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Great job getting and staying on track through all of this!!! I wish you the best well wishes for you to hit your goals.
  • HeyGoRun
    HeyGoRun Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Glad you left the past mind set, you are doing awesome!
    I hope you get past your troubles and be more awesome everyday!
  • Eleonora91
    Eleonora91 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Love your body in the "after" picture! Wish I could look like that :P
    Great job!
  • hannahpistolas
    Options
    You all are absolutely amazing. I know it's a little arbritrary to celebrate 40 pounds when people on here have lost 100+ pounds, but if I can't celebrate on here, where else can I? Haha!
  • VetGirl13
    Options
    Amazing post! Thanks for sharing
  • hannahpistolas
    Options
    Thanks for celebrating with me! :drinker:
  • jennnymccarthy
    jennnymccarthy Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    you are incredibly amazing. sending you a friend request because i think i could learn a lot from you <3 thanks for sharing this success!
  • NJL13500
    NJL13500 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Overcoming so much and staying on track. What a healthy example you are setting for your daughter. Congratulations!
  • LaurenMariex33
    Options
    Amazing progress!! You look great!
  • hannahpistolas
    Options
    Thanks, guys! You are all so beautiful!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!