62 lbs gone :)

Options
bernied262
bernied262 Posts: 882 Member
Well, this is me.
At my heaviest, I was 189lbs. In august 2012, I finally decided that enough was enough. The pic on the right was taken 2 weeks ago, I now weigh 127lbs and wear a UK dress size 8 (US 4). I was at a 16 – 18 (Uk size). I am only 5'1" so this was not a good look!

I started out doing mainly cardio and some strengthening exercises. I then got a great trainer who has pushed me way beyond my comfort levels. And it worked. I now work out 5 times a week, mostly weight/strength training with a little cardio thrown in.
When I look back, I am disgusted that I let myself get to that size. Yes, I LET myself; it was a conscious decision as I didn’t believe that I ‘deserved’ anything else. I let one person make me feel unworthy. It took me a while, but I finally realised that I was worthy and I was going to get the ‘real’ me back, not just physically, but mentally and emotionally too. It hasn’t been easy, there are still good days and bad, but that is just part of life. I am the happiest I have ever been, as well as being the healthiest.

For those of you just starting out, stick with it, take photos, look back and see how far you have come. Stick with it, because you are worth it!

joinedphotos_zpsd1b9a811.jpg

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!