Serious need of support and friendship.

Options
Hi. My name is Hannah and i just joined. I am on a mission to get healthy and really be there for my two boys. I'm 30 years old and I've never really had any real friends and my marriage is failing. Why? Because I hate myself pretty much. I'm afraid to put myself out there because I'll get laughed at or not taken seriously. I'm shamed of my body and that makes me keep it hidden. As a result of that my marriage is suffering romantically/physically. Even the compliments I get don't seem real to me. They just come from someone who wants something. That's not me. That's not my way of thinking. But it seems to be now. I used to love life and everything about it. I'm ready to get that back. But I need support. Check out my profile and send me an ad. I'm looking forward to my new life. Peace.

Replies

• prettyinpink86_123
    Options
    hi Hannah please add me i.m in need of support too, we can do this together xx
  • kshaw5501
    kshaw5501 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I just sent you a message and friend request.
  • mhoeff1
    mhoeff1 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    HI glad I seen your post. You can add me I struggled or a long time but I am getting it right this time around why? because I want it real bad ! You have to push hard real hard for this it wont come easy but it is yours for the taking. You have the right mindset and with the right support and friends on here you will do great!!! If you add me I will support you give you advice but I will also send you messages.If your not logging in as logging in frequently will give you the motivation/support you need. You will have some great friends and others you will have to delete some can be rude and you dont need that keep the good ones and out with the old ones :) Always remember this is for you !!!! Welcome!!! :)
  • much2complicated
    much2complicated Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    friend request sent
  • tracy_getsfit
    tracy_getsfit Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I sent you a request would love to support you!
  • cassig13
    cassig13 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me im a mom of two boys and will be 30 in april I totally feel you. You can do it ive lost 20lbs since I started I dont see a difference but my friends do. So dont just look at the scale take measurements and pics it helps in the long run.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,066 Member
    Options
    I sent a request and message to you , too. Proud of you for taking these steps.
  • HarrietSmeltzer1
    HarrietSmeltzer1 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hi Hannah. I would love to be a support for you. I gave kept 80 lbs off for 19 years now 15 here. I understand as I have been on acrokker coaster with NY weight and emotions for years. Pleas add me. My marriage failed and I have been alone For 37 years from age 33 to now 70. Count Nevin please add me as a friend
  • Trissyboo
    Trissyboo Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Friend Request sent! I know that it can be difficult but trust me if you do a little something everyday.. it starts to add up. Don't be ashamed of your body because regardless of your sixe we are fearfully and wonderfully made.
  • mikajao
    mikajao Posts: 30
    Options
    I have struggled with those feelings. It can be so hard sometimes. But you just have to keep getting up and I find that once I take control of the situation things start to feel better.
  • melissaka7
    melissaka7 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me (anyone).
  • musicboxes
    musicboxes Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    It's truly amazing what the burden of our weight does to our lives, physically, mentally & emotionally. It touches all aspects of our lives without us really realizing the magnitude of it all. I don't think we realize the emotional bondage & hole it puts & keeps us in and it's up to us to climb out. I realize this as I am slowly climbing out of my hole and becoming happier & healthier. You are in the right place to a healthier you & a brighter future.

It's not easy, but you can do it, each step & each day will take you closer to your goals. We are all right along with you & are a great support group. Do this for yourself.
  • msmonique46
    msmonique46 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    First, print your message and show it to your husband,--immediately!. I guarantee it will make a difference. He will know it's nothing he's doing but the way you feel about yourself. It will be a step in getting him to be the support you need on this journey. God Bless!!!
  • munchie3511
    munchie3511 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I sent you friend request. Best of luck! You will get the support and friendship you need here.
  • ArtemisRuns
    ArtemisRuns Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Friend Request sent! I know that it can be difficult but trust me if you do a little something everyday.. it starts to add up. Don't be ashamed of your body because regardless of your sixe we are fearfully and wonderfully made.

This!!!!
  • teamnevergoingback
    teamnevergoingback Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel :flowerforyou: Let's fix this together! In it to win it!
  • BreakingUpWithObesity2013
    Options
    Feel free to add me =) Diary is open and I'm on daily!
  • lauvanya
    lauvanya Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Hannah,

I share your name and your weight problems too. And yes, support is something everyone on a weight loss journey craves. So here's me saying I'll support you and hoping you'll do the same for me too. Sending u a friend request now. Let's do this together!

Warm regards,
    Hannah Lauvanya
  • jazi719
    jazi719 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Never let your size stop you from living your dreams. I know someone who is at least 350-400lbs and she is a hair dresser. She dresses so nice and presents herself very well.

Get confidence in your self now. Lose the weight for your children and for health reasons.
  • kroonha
    kroonha Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I added you as a friend; it's always good to have someone else fighting alongside with you! :)