Anyone join me for a juice fast for 4 days?

Options

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    why?

How about we just eat real food and eat in a calorie deficit...
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    why?

Ditto.

OP: You will have better, longer lasting results and results that you will good with (as in, not going crazy trying to reach those goals) with simply eating a little less than you burn. MFP provides excellent tool for you to work with and does most of the work for you. Just eat the amount MFP sets for you.

Feel free to reply if you would like more details.

Good luck with your adventures.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i like food...

but i'm in cos it think this is gonna get good...bring on the gifs.....
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Eat real food. Eat at a deficit from your TDEE. Find exercise you love and will do consistently. Weigh, measure & log everything you eat.

This is the advice I listened to when I began on MFP. This is what I did. This is what works. It may take a long time - but THIS is what works.
  • Getawayfromthecake
    Getawayfromthecake Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I don't understand the point of starving yourself to lose weight when you can exercise and EAT. Juice diets are for impatient people who aren't willing to wait for results. Just eat and exercise. SIMPLE!
  • Getawayfromthecake
    Getawayfromthecake Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Eat real food. Eat at a deficit from your TDEE. Find exercise you love and will do consistently. Weigh, measure & log everything you eat.

This is the advice I listened to when I began on MFP. This is what I did. This is what works. It may take a long time - but THIS is what works.

Listen to this lady! She lost over 100lb! that alone should point you in the right direction! Amazing
  • QuincyChick
    QuincyChick Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    If I drink Cran-Grape "juice" with my dinner does that count?

Cran-Cherry with my breakfast counts, right?
  • QuincyChick
    QuincyChick Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Only if you drink 4oz pre meal and 4oz post meal. Otherwise, no. You failed at juicing.

Damn. I thought I was a successful juicer. :(
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Fast = not eating

Juicing = eating

It is not a fast, it's a stupid way to lose some water weight quickly over a couple of days, Not sustainable, not healthy.
  • OceanBlue08
    Options
    ummm... Have you people read what I mentioned in that link? I was too lazy to type it again & pasted it there. Anyways, re-posting it. By the way, for those people who jumped in to comment just by seeing the topic 'juice fast', by having 'fresh' juice, I don't intend to lose weight unhealthily & I am not looking for a fast weight loss solution! My only aim is to cleanse my body & have a control over what I eat.. sort of like a "kick-start" to my weight loss process.
    Quoting from a web defintion, Juice fasting is a type of fasting and detox diet in which a person consumes only fruit and vegetable juices.
    Re-post:
    Quoting from my own post link..

"October 14, 2013 10:09 am

Though MyFitnesspal is a great site with lots of supporters, I haven't been able to be active here. :(

I am not able to 'consistently' exercise & control what I eat esp. with lots of get-together with family & friends these days. I'll be home 4 days now & decided to do a juice fast to cleanse my body & as a step to hopefully find my long lost 'will-power' for weight loss. If not, I'll at least get a body cleanse & it's only for 4 days. :) If 4 days successful, I have decided to do it for a complete week. Supplement it with a good vitamin & mineral tablet.

Would anyone like to join me Starting from tomorrow?

We can start off by logging the current weight.

I am 82 Kg, 5 2".
    October 15, 2013 7:40 am

No one? :(

1st day seems alright.. I weighed myself early morning in empty stomach & it reads 81Kg. Started off with my regular cup of tea. Then, I managed to drink up a juice made of beetroot, carrot & gooseberry.. Yep, I managed to drink it all up. Yay! That wasn't so bad. :D
    As of now I have completed my 1L water.. I did feel like snacking in between, stopped that urge by having a thick banana milk shake.. That was yummy..
    Haven't incorporated exercise other than my daily chores.
    Thinking of having a pomegranate juice after sometime..
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    OP:
    If you poop and pee you are cleansed….
    There is no "kick start" to the weight loss process......
  • OceanBlue08
    Options

Listen to this lady! She lost over 100lb! that alone should point you in the right direction! Amazing

Yep & I will remember the advice.. :)
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    I wish you the best of luck. I will tell you that it's very hard work to learn how to incorporate your new eating habits into your everyday life. I had a hard time with this at first, but then realized other than not going to family reunions, etc. I had to have a specific plan. That would be a great goal for your next few weeks. At events, pick out your favorite foods and eat a small portion of each. If you plan to succeed - you will. As far as exercise - it's not necessary in weight loss. It's great for your body and makes you feel awesome.
  • OceanBlue08
    Options
    OP:

By 'kick-start', I "don't" want to lose so many kgs before I start the real weight loss. By 'kick-starting' my weight loss process, I want to have a "control" over what I eat. That is all I am looking for!
    Oh please... people.. stop "assuming" that I am looking for a "fast" weight loss solution with this when I am not! :/
  • OceanBlue08
    Options
    why?

Ditto.

OP: You will have better, longer lasting results and results that you will good with (as in, not going crazy trying to reach those goals) with simply eating a little less than you burn. MFP provides excellent tool for you to work with and does most of the work for you. Just eat the amount MFP sets for you.

Feel free to reply if you would like more details.

Good luck with your adventures.

Thank you... Will keep that in mind.. :)
  • OceanBlue08
    Options
    I wish you the best of luck. I will tell you that it's very hard work to learn how to incorporate your new eating habits into your everyday life. I had a hard time with this at first, but then realized other than not going to family reunions, etc. I had to have a specific plan. That would be a great goal for your next few weeks. At events, pick out your favorite foods and eat a small portion of each. If you plan to succeed - you will. As far as exercise - it's not necessary in weight loss. It's great for your body and makes you feel awesome.

Thank you Dear.. :)
    a 101lb loss is amazing.. hats off to you & your consistent hard work.. a motivation to all.. :flowerforyou:
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    OP:

By 'kick-start', I "don't" want to lose so many kgs before I start the real weight loss. By 'kick-starting' my weight loss process, I want to have a "control" over what I eat. That is all I am looking for!
    Oh please... people.. stop "assuming" that I am looking for a "fast" weight loss solution with this when I am not! :/

Four days of a juice fast is not going to magically teach you control over what you eat. :ohwell: