Always looking for advice

Options
Hi, everyone I'm new to this. I've had the app for maybe two weeks or more now. I started my calories at around 17-1800. I have struggled with an eating disorder in my past and now I am trying to gain some weight. I am 5'3" and I currently weigh 98lbs.
This past week I have been adding 100 more calories to my diary each day to see how much I can handle. Right now I am at 2800 and am doing well. I know I'm not going to see results fast but I figured within two weeks of eating more than I usually do that I'd see some kind of change. I still weigh 98lbs though.. Not sure if i'm doing something wrong. Any advice would be appreciated.

Replies

• Love4fitnesslove4food2
    Options
    Not doing anything wrong. Just stay consistent and be patient. You can do this!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    slow and steady. don't worry about rushing your uptake.

You need to repair your relationship with food before you get crazy with bulking- it's hard mentally to adjust to that- and if you are already starting out with an issue that's going to be even worse.

Keep working at it but don't rush it. Diet stuff- either cut or bulk is always a SLOW process- and it's the one thing people get fed up with the most- the patience and the time. It takes months to get results- even years sometimes. So take your time- be diligent- it will happen!
  • teamnevergoingback
    teamnevergoingback Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I would say 2 weeks isn't enough time to worry that nothing is changing... Just make sure you're logging things correctly, correct serving sizes.
  • annmaryjenkins
    Options
    Hello!! I also would say not to worry and stay consistent. also I don't know where your calories are coming from..try to add protein and maybe start lifting weights, that will help you build muscle and in return gain weight....
  • leadiax3
    leadiax3 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Changing ur body inside n outside takes time. Just keep tracking cals and exercise. I added cals to my meals by putting cheese on my eggwhites and adding meat to my lunch.
  • TheFitnessTutor
    TheFitnessTutor Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Congratulations first off.
    Don't get too antsy about this like you would your previous situation.
    Can't gain weight? Careful, you'll make enemies fast. It's a good problem to have. (just kiddin)
    Make sure you're actually measuring your intake. Labels and food portions are usually off. double check your intake. Also if you upped your exercise this could be affecting you as well. Plus you could be losing water weight. Females shift in water weight often throughout the month. Don't sweat it.

At 98lbs, if you're truly eating 2800 calories consistently without weight gain, that's awesome in my book! It's an easy fix.
  • carmencucuro
    Options
    Thank You all for your kind words and replies. I will just continue to be positive and hope to see a change. I have taken Russian Bear once but my problem was that I couldn't drink a gallon in 2 days time. It would take me a week and be more of a meal replacer. I was thinking of trying it out again.