Women's Chest Measurements

Options
When I measure with my bra and then measure without it, I get two different measurements. Which one is right?

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options
    Pick one or the other and always use that for measuring.
  • Chipperoo23
    Options
    agreed. pick one and stick to it. :)
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    I know that, I just want to be accurate, cuz I have goals for my measurements. Thank you.
  • lpkitty
    lpkitty Posts: 45
    Options
    I would think the one with bra on is the "right" one because I have my bra on more than I have it off.
  • DancingYogini
    Options
    I know that at Victoria's Secret they measured me with my bra on around the cup area for the "number" (34, 36, 38...), and also underneath at the rib cage. I think they subtracted the higher number from the lower number to get the cup size...but I could be wrong. I would use the bra on measurement and stick to that one!
  • Scorpiomom222
    Options
    Irishdancer, that makes ALOT more sense! Thank you!
  • suzikelley
    suzikelley Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I know that at Victoria's Secret they measured me with my bra on around the cup area for the "number" (34, 36, 38...), and also underneath at the rib cage. I think they subtracted the higher number from the lower number to get the cup size...but I could be wrong. I would use the bra on measurement and stick to that one!

I had to laugh at this... I went to Victoria's Secret once and had them measure me. The girl said I was a 36 C -- I so knew better! I tried one of just for good measure, and of course it was smooshing me down and I was busting out of it every which way! I was a 38DD! LOL!
  • Scorpiomom222
    Options

I had to laugh at this... I went to Victoria's Secret once and had them measure me. The girl said I was a 36 C -- I so knew better! I tried one of just for good measure, and of course it was smooshing me down and I was busting out of it every which way! I was a 38DD! LOL!

OMFG! That is hilarious!
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Congrats on not smoking for 10 days!!
  • Scorpiomom222
    Options
    Congrats on not smoking for 10 days!!

Thank you! I was just thinking about when I would post on the Success Stories board about it. :blushing: I might do it when I haven't smoked for 6 months. Thanks again! :bigsmile:
  • jenthestrawberry
    jenthestrawberry Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    When I used to do measurements at a gym, they'd do like the people above said. Bra on measurement, across the nipples. And then a 2nd measurement under the braline! The bra-line is a more accurate measurement of health, because some people have more non-fat breast tissue than others. That's tissue that's not going away no matter how much you lose.
  • Scorpiomom222
    Options
    Thank you!!!
  • DancingYogini
    Options

Yeah...I had actually lost a little weight, and she wanted to measure me to make sure of my correct size...she said I was a 34 B (close to an A) :noway: Which, after trying on some bras on my own, found that I was a 36 C/D??? So measure yourself and trust yourself!!! :smile:
  • bpayne78
    bpayne78 Posts: 249 Member
    Options

I don't EVER go by measurements anymore, nor do I shop VS for bras anymore for two reasons. One, I had someone argue with me over my size and basically said something to the effect of "well I wear size XX so you can't possibly be YY" (when I actually had on size YY) and 2) VS doesn't carry 30G!

I get my bras from Bravissimo and they go by how your best fitting bra fits, ask you questions and figure your size from there. If I went by measurments most places would put me in at least a 34 band size.....and that's not right.

As far as the OP goes......yes it's bra on.
    Yeah...I had actually lost a little weight, and she wanted to measure me to make sure of my correct size...she said I was a 34 B (close to an A) :noway: Which, after trying on some bras on my own, found that I was a 36 C/D??? So measure yourself and trust yourself!!! :smile:
  • flsunshine
    flsunshine Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    from my understanding you first measure around the ribcage- like if you measure 35 then round up to 36, then take the measurement around the fullest part of your breast- then subtract the two for your cup size- if i remember right 1 inches is an A, 2 inches is a B and so on... but definately where a non very padded bra when taking the measurements but definately where one
  • Scorpiomom222
    Options
    from my understanding you first measure around the ribcage- like if you measure 35 then round up to 36, then take the measurement around the fullest part of your breast- then subtract the two for your cup size- if i remember right 1 inches is an A, 2 inches is a B and so on... but definately where a non very padded bra when taking the measurements but definately where one

This is weird, because according to my measurements, I should be a 38 D, but I just moved into a 38 C and I'm not overflowing. :ohwell: