Extra calories?

Options
Should I be eating my exercise calories back? I assume so but what happens if I don't eat them all? Will this create too great of a deficit? I think I'm losing on par... I've had a couple days when I went over calories *oops* but for the most part I meet or get just under it. It's hard to tell because I don't own my own scale yet and I can't afford one at the moment :/

Replies

• Gee_24
    Gee_24 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Ive been eating ( unknowingly - just got a fitbit flex ) about 700 calorie deficit at least 80% of the time and lost about .5 a week.

I finally upped to 1800 a few days ago and have dropped a whole pound because I upped and ate back the majority of my exercise calories.

So if I burn around 2300 and 800 of those are exercise calories, then I will eat at least 600 back. Not the full thing, just in case its been over estimated.

Eating more, yet AGAIN, has proven very beneficial to me personally. So from my view, eat back at least half of them, but not all.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    You definitely want to eat some exercise calories back at least (ideally all, but you can't know for sure how much you burn unless you have a heart rate monitor), otherwise the deficit is too big and you're more likely to burn muscle, which really defeats the purpose.