Anyone lose weight without watching macros?

Options
13»

Replies

• KelGen02
    KelGen02 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    93 pounds, whats a macro?

PERFECTLY SAID!! The only Macro I pay slight attention to is the Cholesterol Macro and that is only because I have high Cholesterol and can't take meds for it. When you change your eating habits, it's a lifestyle change and that change doesn't require any macros, just determination an conviction!!! Track your foods, drink 1/2 your body weight in water each day and do a little exercise...everything else will fall into place!! :drinker:
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I glance at my macros at the end of the day but rarely give them a second thought. I focus on my calorie deficit & exercising. I've lost 27lbs in 3 months & have kept things as simple as possible.
  • lilpaula41
    Options
    I did not know what macros were until now and have lost 85 lbs and have kept them off for about 1 year now. I've focused on mostly calories but am now more focused on protein since I'm trying to build muscle. Logging my food help me so so much. Log your food, watch those calories and keep exercising and you will do great, everything will fall into place! Just remember everyone is different. Good Luck!
  • JessiesGirls520
    Options
    I lost about 55 pounds without counting macros. I lost 15 kinda tracking macros. It can be done. :)
  • lilpaula41
    Options
    My total weight loss is 85lbs, I had lost most of it before signing up for MFP.
  • aliencheesecake
    aliencheesecake Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I am having a tough time of it. I can`t seem to get started losing. All the focus on macros, well, I find it impossible to do everything right. That in turn stresses me out. I can exercise, I can eat mostly healthy but how much do I really need to heed the minutae.

People say you can lose weight eating just twinkies so please, tell me!

Have any of you lost weight by just keeping your calories lower than before?? Either by exercise or eating less. I need some hope, if there is any to be had.

I'm the same. I ALWAYS go over on fat even when I'm under on calories.... I basically just try to hit my protein. LOL. The macros I list are really there as a guide....for my edification. LOL
  • aliencheesecake
    aliencheesecake Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    93 pounds, whats a macro?
    Hahah! Yes!
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    I have lost all my weight ( around 90lbs ) by watching calories, not macros.

I do,however, try and make an effort to make sure I get enough protein, and carbs, as I run 6 times a week.
  • Tiff050709
    Tiff050709 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I pretty much only pay attention to my calories. Sometimes if I am over carbs or something, working out will make it go back under so I don't worry about it.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I didn't watch my macros at all and lost 40lbs in 4 months by walking 4 miles a day and eating 1200-1400 cals.
    I have since gained 20 of it back due to health issues & prednisone (ack) and not being able to work out since spring. I plan on losing it just as quickly and actually just started walking again yesterday.
    The one thing I did learn though, is that I have to have protein with each meal or I get hungry. I also ate the whites of boiled eggs to fill me up IF I did get hungry, usually only when I had oatmeal for breakfast.
  • ash8184
    ash8184 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I think each person is different, but try to eat in moderation and stay under your calorie goal. When I was at my highest weight in college, I actually lost weight eating burger patties and fries (I think this was mostly due to portion control - not eating the other calories with the bun, mayo, etc), but now that I'm closer to my goal, there's no way this would work.

Also, people will tell you that it's all about calories in, calories out (which it is), but I find that my body is much happier and runs MUCH more efficiently (like a car running on high octane gas) when I feed it veggies and protein (with some fruit here and there). Sure, I could eat 1200 calories worth of french fries, twinkies, whatever, but I would feel like crap and I'm pretty sure I wouldn't lose weight as quickly. Try to fill your diet with colorful, filling things... lettuce, cabbage, carrots, berries. Try weird fruits and veggies you haven't tried before and keep your diet interesting.

Good luck! Keep with it.
  • cathyg321
    cathyg321 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Thanks for starting this thread! This is just what I needed to hear! I was starting to become a perfectionist about matching my macros. Now I know I can just go back to what I did to get this far. Thanks!!!!
  • Gee_24
    Gee_24 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Every now and then I look at my protein, fat and carbs. I am generally over on fat or carbs every other day.

Not done anything bad thus far!

Im at goal weight already, after only 4 months. So now that I want to lose that final 5lbs so I can maintain if what I was doing stops working I will take my macros seriously.
  • cingle87
    cingle87 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I only pay attention to protein, fat and carbs usually take care of themselves when proteing is at 100%. The only reason i pay attention to protein is i want to lose fat and not lbm, and the only way to do this is to lift heavy and to eat enough protein. I want to avoid the situation i see many people on here who have hit goal weigh and are not happy with the way they look.
  • grandpoobah12
    Options
    Gosh, this is awesome. I haven`t lost at all in 3 years of trying every fad diet that`s come out on here. I have not found my true TDEE . Lose 5 lbs one week, gain it back the next, I gained 5 kg on MFP. Could I really lose just walking and staying under my limit? I`ve been at a modest cut for almost 3 weeks, not lost yet but we`ll see how it goes. I gotta get out walking. Just gonna keep on trucking eating well and enjoying my exercise.

Sounds good!:wink:
  • sunshyncatra
    sunshyncatra Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Log everything you eat and maintain a deficit. You will see results. Fad diets don't work.