MFP vs Scooby calories?

Hi, MFP says i can have 1630 cals a day to lose 2lb a week,
scooby says i need 1883 a day,

which one is more accurate please?

ive been following 1630 for the last 2 weeks and lost 6lb

Replies

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,809 Member
    Scooby is a TDEE calculator and MFP is not - did you put any workouts into the numbers you entered into Scooby ?

That could well be your difference.
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Scooby's... but go to www.iifym.com and you can get the most accurate that I'd recommend..

You need to consider you daily exercise and activity levels
  • Noam3k
    Noam3k Posts: 14
    I'd rather would use the one from scooby (if you marked 'desk job with little exercise').
    But when cutting i would rather go with lower calories.
    (I was on 1600kcal while working out 4x a week + cardio everyday)
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    If you do the maths mfp and scooby are pretty similar, as you gave to add workout calories to mfp and not to scooby.

Are you sure scooby says you lose 2lbs a week or us it just 20% below tdee?
    Do you eat 1630 net now? That would only be about a 40 min walk to get you to gross what scooby says...
  • Feisty_one
    Feisty_one Posts: 81 Member
    i did both with no exercise as i have bad hips, so going on calorie reduction only, 1800 seems such a lot to eat to lose weight! scooby i set it as 25%
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,923 Member
    i did both with no exercise as i have bad hips, so going on calorie reduction only, 1800 seems such a lot to eat to lose weight! scooby i set is as 25%

Not to someone who has over 100lbs to lose.

I'm 5'11, 150 and losing at 1620 with eating back my exercise calories. And I only have 3 pounds to go.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Hi, MFP says i can have 1630 cals a day to lose 2lb a week,
    scooby says i need 1883 a day,

which one is more accurate please?

ive been following 1630 for the last 2 weeks and lost 6lb

Scooby doesn't have a 'lose 2lb a week' setting. It's probably telling you the numbers to lose 1.5 lb or something (it should tell you at the bottom what the projected weight loss is).
  • Feisty_one
    Scooby's... but go to www.iifym.com and you can get the most accurate that I'd recommend..

You need to consider you daily exercise and activity levels

thanks, ill take a look at the link :)
  • Feisty_one
    www.iifym.com this one says i can have 1871 ( 25%) so pretty close to scoobys,
  • Savyna
    Savyna Posts: 789 Member
    I have never heard of scoobys but I have used iifym but i think in the end you need to go with what your body tells you. Maybe start at the number in beteen scoobys and mfp and if theres no loss, go a little lower until you find a range that works for you and then change it up every few months