Anyone join me for a juice fast for 4 days?

Options

Replies

• OceanBlue08
    Options
    I was too lazy to type it again & pasted it there.

Lazy?

This journey doesn't look good for you already.

Yes.. which is why I am here in the first place. If I could do it all on my own, I wouldn't be in MFP. But no, I cannot.. & I need help.. & motivation.. I need to start exercising & watching what I eat.. & I agree everything starts with me & of course with the help & support of family & friends..
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    I'll take a look at it, looks interesting

i thought it was a decent take on found footage films (which i am a fan of). several parts definitely creeped the hell outta me.

watched (most of) the sequel this weekend and was not disappointed.

looking forward to checking out static.

thanks!
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    nope.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    fasting is bad for your metabolism
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I'm in.

However because if its superior cleansing properties I will be replacing juice with bacon.

Day 1-
    BEST DAY EVER!

*Checks diary*

NO BACON!!!

holden_spraypaint.png
  • iechick
    iechick Posts: 352 Member
    Options

:huh:

I lost my weight doing alternate day intermittent fasting.

OP-I'm not interested in juicing, but I do have a green smoothie every day and highly recommend it-besides it being a great way to get in the dark leafy greens and fruit that are really healthy, it's also a really good way to do daily 'cleanses' :blushing: :laugh: And they're filling, more so than juicing I'd think?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    okiessss... this post is getting longer than I thought.. & interesting too.. let the messages & gifs keep coming in.. loll.. though negative, it may as well help me.. :)

Anyways, I have decided to stick to my plan.. fresh homemade juice with no sugar added & lots of water too.. a good multivitamin & mineral tablet too.. 3 more days..

day four = massive binge with post on motivational board about binging ....

seen it a thousand times...
  • meeper123
    Options

OP-I'm not interested in juicing, but I do have a green smoothie every day and highly recommend it-besides it being a great way to get in the dark leafy greens and fruit that are really healthy, it's also a really good way to do daily 'cleanses' :blushing: :laugh: And they're filling, more so than juicing I'd think?

That is and isn't fasting your still giving your body fuel. Your not depriving yourself for days and weeks. I am talking about like Juice fast water fasts ect where very little to no nutrition is consumed
  • meeper123
    Options
    okiessss... this post is getting longer than I thought.. & interesting too.. let the messages & gifs keep coming in.. loll.. though negative, it may as well help me.. :)

Anyways, I have decided to stick to my plan.. fresh homemade juice with no sugar added & lots of water too.. a good multivitamin & mineral tablet too.. 3 more days..

yup and they gain all the weight back and then some
  • OceanBlue08
    Options

:) True. Let me see if I can go on till 4th day. & after that, it is regular healthy diet & exercise.
  • OceanBlue08
    Options

That sounds like a healthy smoothie.. Could you please share the ingredients? Thank you. :)
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    Nope. Juice fast isn't going to kickstart anything. It'll all come right back when you start eating food.

This should be a lifestyle change, not a diet. I'm sure a lot of others here have said the same exact thing.

Eat less. It's about moderation not deprivation.
  • OceanBlue08
    Options
    Nope. Juice fast isn't going to kickstart anything. It'll all come right back when you start eating food.

This should be a lifestyle change, not a diet. I'm sure a lot of others here have said the same exact thing.

Yes, agreed. But I am not able to eat in moderation.. :( I am not able to control what I eat & hence I came up with a solution to keep my mind off food.. It may be a foolish idea. But, I am hoping to succeed..
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options

Yes, agreed. But I am not able to eat in moderation.. :( I am not able to control what I eat & hence I came up with a solution to keep my mind off food.. It may be a foolish idea. But, I am hoping to succeed..

The problem is your negativity.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options

it is foolish.
    it won't work, because it can't last.
  • OceanBlue08
    Options

yup and they gain all the weight back and then some

No, I am not concerned about whether I lose weight or not with this. I am concerned about my eating habits, esp with these frequent get togethers with family & friends, it is tough. I need to learn to control. & 4 days or less wouldn't do so much harm to my metabolism, would it? I hope not..
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options

it is foolish.
    it won't work, because it can't last.

QFT...

The thing is...YOU CAN DO IT. You already saying you can't is the reason you can't do it.

All of us had a problem with moderation. You think it's been easy for any of us to stop eating too much of the food we love? NO. Trust me, though I eat what I want, I just cut back on how much of it. I drink beer, I had 2 cookies today, I eat what I want, I work hard. I had to change my mentality from a negative nancy saying I can't do it to saying and believing I can do it.

So if you don't think you can do it, then you may not be ready to lose the weight. Not trying to be mean, just realistic and honest. If you are ready to lose it, you'll start believing in yourself and saying that you CAN do this.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

how is a juice fast going to teach moderation? All you are going to do is starve yourself and then on day four old habits will kick in ..

I am starting to sense a troll....
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options
    A 4 day or less juice fast isn't going to teach you how to control yourself.

Know that you can change.
    Know that you have the strength to change.
    Know that you can control what you eat.
    Once you know it, maybe you'll start believing it.
  • marionmmm
    Options
    Is beer considered juice? if Yes, I'm IN!