I need advice!!!!!!!

sapphireeyze
sapphireeyze Posts: 11
edited September 22 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi everyone,

I need some tips or advice. I am going to a really nice restaraunt tonight for dinner and I do not want to blow my great momentum I have going with my lifestyle plan I have been on for a few weeks now. I have been overweight all my life so I should be used to watching what I eat but some how this is different maybe because I totally have my head in the game this time!!!!!!!!!! :)

What tips, tricks and advice can you share with me when going out to eat that wont totally undue my whole day and not make my exercise feel invalid.......?

Oh and please add me as a friend as well.......I need all the motivation I can get to keep going!!!!!!

:flowerforyou:

~ Leslie

Replies

• DoreenN
    DoreenN Posts: 60
    Its what you order. try getting some sort of grilled chicken or fish. For a side dish avoid potatoes try getting rice or steamed vegetables. If its a big portion ask for a box right away so you can box up half of it and wont be tempted to eat the whole plate. If you order a side salad get a vinegrette dressing.
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Well order a side salad to start with dressing on the side. Making sure the salad does not have added cheese or bacon ect. Also dont eat any breads brought to the table ask them to send it back. Next find a meal that is protien and steamed veggies. Ask or make sure it is not made or added butter. Try and stay away from mashed potato and baked. Your not sure what they have done to it.

Example I went out to UNO's Chicago Bar and Grill the other night. ORdered the side salad dressing on the side. Ordered a steak and grilled shrimp with 2 sides off steamed broccoli. THe whole meal was around 400 calories. It is possible to eat out and stay on track good luck and just think about it and DONT BE AFRAID TO ASK HOW IT IS MADE OR ASK TO HAVE IT MADE A CERITN WAY
  • Yes, grilled food, salad greens, and most places have reduced cal dressings if you ask. Try to order light, non-fried/deep fried foods, and you should do fine. Oh, and enjoy yourself.
  • NatalieBrooke88
    NatalieBrooke88 Posts: 240 Member
    Eat a low cal protein bar (kashi crunch) is my favorite 30 minutes to an hour before you go to dinner. Remember, everything in moderation, so.. Still ENJOY your dinner!!!!
  • lt3ag4s
    lt3ag4s Posts: 835 Member
    See if you can get their menu online. Plan what you are going to eat ahead of time. You can exercise before hand accordingly.
  • SouthernBell86
    SouthernBell86 Posts: 275 Member
    Check if the restaurant has any nutritional information on its website, or tips for healthy eating at their establishment. If they have it, you can plan what to order before you leave the house. And I agree, try to order a piece of grilled chicken, steak or fish, with a side of plainly cooked veggies. Try not to do the appetizer thing.

Don't be afraid to ask how many ounces the chicken breast is, or how the veggies are prepared.

Ted's Montana Grill has an excellent children's menu which they allow adults to order from at a 2 dollar surcharge. I got the salmon with green beans and a small portion of mashed potatoes all for 386 calories! It was a very filling and delicious meal, but it came from the children's menu.I really recommend Ted's as an ideal fine dining location for a dieter because of their wonderful children's menu they let us eat from.

Have a good evening :)
  • First of... kudos to you for sticking with it...I know how hard it can be. I usually go online and see if I cant find nutrition info.... one site I like is "eat this not that" it has most restaurants and/or foods...calories fat etc...
    Another trick is, all sauces and dressings on the side, so you can dip your fork in 'em, also ask for half portions, most restaurants dont mind doggy bagging half your food before hand....have a salad before your meal oh and last but not least...limit yourself to one slice of bread :) and remember, veggies are your friends.

Have fun....
This discussion has been closed.