Unbiased Turbo Fire Reviews?!

Options
Hi All!

I am thinking about starting turbo fire next week. Love going to Turbo Kick classes, and love Chalene Johnson. Wondering peoples honest opinion of the program, as well as peoples honest results.

Let me know! Thanks!

Replies

• Iamflew
    Iamflew Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I did the first 5 weeks and lost more than an inch off my thighs and waist!!! It is fun and varied...and typically under 50 mins a day!!
  • misschoppo
    misschoppo Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    No advice to share as not used these DVDs but was also considering purchasing them so will be interested to read the responses you get :smile:
  • kgbsn80
    kgbsn80 Posts: 21
    Options
    I have been doing turbo fire and turbo jam for almost 1 year , 2 times a week and I noticed I lost a lot of body fat In areas I wouldn't expect such as back fat,thighs, and visible muscle tone in arms. "Remember to take measurements also"!
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,534 Member
    Options
    I love Turbo Jam so I thought I would really like Turbo Fire. I bought the DVD set but ended up selling them after a few months. I didn't like them at all. I don't mind high energy or intensity, but I didn't like how high-impact they are. They don't have the same fun feel as Turbo Jam either, so I felt less motivated to do the workouts. There was more of a show-y, show-offy feel to Turbo Fire that turned me off. I also felt like the workouts were very similar to each other, and that made them boring to me.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I did the 12 week program a couple of years ago. I enjoyed it. I didn't follow the eating plan but counted calories on MFP. Lost about 12lbs. It's expensive though. The cost of the DVDs would probably cover a gym membership for a few months.
  • ItsSlimpossible12
    ItsSlimpossible12 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I absolutely loved TF. The music was perfect, the workouts were fun and I was ALWAYS sweating up a storm. I do remember, the first few workouts I thought Chalene was nuts and thought I would never be able to keep up with all of the moves, but after a few times it was like second nature. I didn't get the results I was hoping to get (16 pounds and 7 inches total-I believe it was) but I didn't do the strict eating plan - just counted calories on MFP. I know those aren't terrible results, I just had my hopes too high, I guess. I would recommend it. I will probably do it again after I finish my current program (Insanity). And no, I am not a coach or member or whatever, I just love the Beachbody workouts because I can do them at home on my time and don't have to pay for a gym!
  • NotReadyForMomJeans
    Options
    I keep going back to Turbo Fire because for me it's been the most effective program I've done (compared to Focus T25, Chalene Extreme, various Jillian Michael's programs). I'll switch it up and try other programs, then add a few weeks of TF onto the end to get the results I want. I lost 17 lbs using the 12 week program. I didn't follow the eating plans, but I was counting calories on MFP and usually under my limit once exercise calories were added. I found the workouts tough, but fun, and she'd switch it up just when you thought you'd need to hit pause and take a breather. Love the music - very fun! Good luck, if you try it!
  • Yetta729
    Yetta729 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I did TurboFire, the prep schedule and then the complete 20 week program ... I loved it... lost 40lbs and over 20 inches ... I did the whole 9 weeks prep using the "new to class" option, she explains the routine which made it easier for me to follow...I am so uncoordinated, slapped my glasses off a couple of time or put myself in knot ... After going through a rough year I gained 23lbs back, I am now on TurboFire again and loving it ... I recommend it ... Oh, I did not follow her food plan, I calculated my BMR and ate that plus calories burned (Fitbit) and logged on MFP
  • katmccoy34
    katmccoy34 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Turbo Fire! I was getting bored with Turbo Jam, and I found that Turbo Fire kicks it up a notch. I actually look FORWARD to working out when I am doing these videos. They go by fast. The HIIT videos are kind of intense, but I always just remind myself that it will be over soon. I will warn you though, if you aren't used to high-impact, I would make sure you are up to the HIIT before doing it.

My favorite is Fire 30! It is a great overall workout. And I always feel so good after doing Stretch 40 - it has made me really appreciate yoga/tai chi a lot more!

In terms of results, I used it to lose my baby weight (I gained 50 pounds), and I got back down to my pre-pregnancy weight using it. I also really toned up, especially my legs.
  • Julzanne72
    Julzanne72 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    LOVE IT!!!
  • marypatmccue
    marypatmccue Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I did the entire program last spring and did really well -- it's fun, and has a modifier on there if you need it. Give it a go, I don't think you'll be disappointed. :happy:
  • RunConquerCelebrate
    RunConquerCelebrate Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I love Turbo Fire here are my stats when I did the workout

Turbo Fire
    Started 8/9/2011
    Completed 3 months on November 2011
    Lost 8lbs
    Have Lost 7.5 inches overall (3 inches from waist and 1.5 hips)

I really need to go back to it because I was successful with it. I tend to get bored after I complete a program and do not want to do it again. But I should start this at least once a week during my Half Marathon training.
    I loved the music and Chalene always made me feel pumped.
  • emsavor
    Options
    Bump- considering doing it too and it helps to hear others' opinions.
  • Jenya05
    Jenya05 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I completed the 12 week program an enjoyed it for the most part. I didn't have the crazy results like I had hoped, but I did lose about 10 lbs and maybe 3 inches off of my waist. I didn't follow her meal plan, but I logged in MFP and stuck to around 1500 calories a day with the splurge days here and there.
  • valeenify
    valeenify Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    So... How'd it go? Would love to hear your experience!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!