Losing stomach fat

Options
I just wanted to get opinions about achieving a flat stomach. I know that you can't just do sit ups because it doesn't work that way. I have changed my diet. I stay away from fatty, fried foods and eat minimum carbs (don't like them anyways). My main problem is the lower stomach. I do cardio just about every day as well as weight training. I'm unsure as to what to do. It's not that I'm expecting a change straight away but I feel like there is something else that I can do to help achieve that flat stomach I have been dying for. Any tips? Any advice/help is appreciated greatly.

Replies

• Vaisaxena
    Vaisaxena Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Stubborn fat - is actually areas of the body that contain a high density of alpha2-receptors on the adipose tissue (fat) - they actually inhibit the loss of fat. One way to antagonize this receptor is to boost norepinephrine output or use an extrinsic alpha2 antagonist.

1) Short term fasting - 16-24 hrs - 0 total calories

2) Fasted light cardio with Yohimbine <-- Can be dangerous

As a general rule, fat comes off in the order that it was put on....
  • loselbs78
    Options
    I do cardio for thirty minutes, than do crunches on a pull up bar with ab straps.
  • susanlovesfitness
    susanlovesfitness Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I had that issue and with losing 100 lbs found it it was 30% fat and the rest was skin from when I was bigger. I had to have a tummy tuck to flatten it out.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I do cardio just about every day as well as weight training. I'm unsure as to what to do. It's not that I'm expecting a change straight away but I feel like there is something else that I can do to help achieve that flat stomach I have been dying for. Any tips? Any advice/help is appreciated greatly.

Just keep doing what you're doing, as you can't spot reduce. Since you don't expect a sudden change, you have the right attitude.
  • j6o4
    j6o4 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Strength training! While eating a deficit, strength training can help you retain lean body mass while losing weight, thus lowering your bodyfat percetange. Losing weight does not get rid of love handles or lower stomach fat, lowering your bodyfat percentage does.