Why am I not literally seeing results?

Options
Hi. I'm concerned because I have dont this for a few weeks and I measured my thighs when I started (my main goal is to have them no touch) and I lost about five pounds, but not inches! I know I won't lose four inches over night, but haven't even lost a millimeter! I am not only dieting and sticking it strictly, but I do cardio three to four times a week which includes a treadmill or elliptical (20 minutes per session). I also do weight training on all muscle groups (an I allow a day of rest for these muscle groups). I feel a bit thinner, and I see a few results. I also understand that I may have lost more than four pounds of fat but as I'm losing fat and gaining muscle which makes me "lose weight" slower. I'm okay with that. I just want to lose INCHES!

Replies

• clovesm95
    Options
    Try adding pilates to sculpt your legs. It works wonders in no time at all.
  • vkpmusic
    vkpmusic Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Oh heck yeah! I have this DVD called 10 min Rapid Results Pilates. After 2 weeks of 3 or 4 days of the waist and thigh ones, I'd lost 3 in in my hips and 2 in my thighs!
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Sorry to tell you that you can't spot lose fat. You can spot tone, but when it comes to losing fat you can't pick where it comes off of.
  • siggia
    siggia Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You also have to realize that fat goes away in the reverse order it came; if it set first on your thighs, it will go last from your thighs. That's why you may be seeing results in certain places on your body while not others. And like smuehlbauer says, you can't spot lose fat (like some people think they lose fat around their waist and on stomach faster if they do a lot of crunches).
  • daryls
    daryls Posts: 260
    Options
    Have you thought about adding a little more cardio? You said you do about 20 minutes - but you could probably do 30 minutes a day. The Pilates DVD is on Netflix watch now - so if you have Netflix you can try different DVDs to vary your workout routine.

Good luck!!!!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    The other thing is, you only (I'm assuming) measure a few places on your body. I lost weight in what I call the "non clothes" places...my feet, my ankles, my wrists, my neck, etc...before I started to drop clothes sizes.

Patience is a virtue. :flowerforyou:
  • pizzy
    pizzy Posts: 47
    Options
    when you use your legs alot you are building muscle which is gunna cause you to not lose inches fast, it will take you awhile
  • ractayjon
    ractayjon Posts: 365
    Options
    unfortuneately fat comes off where it wants to not where we want it to....stick with it - it will happen....
  • ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Yep, like others said, you can't pick where you want it gone first. I would like the rest of my stomach pooch gone asap, but I cannot choose.