need advice pls

rAc_hEl
rAc_hEl Posts: 246 Member
I know from previous experiences that i have a full blown pain in the a** uti ( urinary tract infection) my appointment is on Monday. Anything i can do until then home remedies over the counter stuff i can do until then? I'm going crazy!!

Replies

• Cranberry juice and lots of water. Also, there is this stuff at the pharmacy called Azo, it helps numb you so it doesn't hurt quite so bad. Be warned it turns your pee bright orange, so stop taking it a day or 2 before your appt. Also, that is a long time to wait for a UTI! Any way you can drop off a urine sample to get things going? Can't hurt to call and ask. Good luck!
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Another for cranberry juice. Not cranberry juice cocktail, but real cranberry juice.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Cranberry juice works wonders. I've felt a UTI coming on in the past and have been able to stave it off with just a couple of glasses of cranberry juice each day. Lots of water helps, too, but then you're also going more often and that can be really painful. If you have access to a clinic in a local pharmacy (CVS and Walgreens have them here) you might look into visiting one of them rather than waiting until Monday. They cost about the same as a doctor visit and can get you in the same day.
  • rAc_hEl
    rAc_hEl Posts: 246 Member
    I'm going to call again in the a.m but until then I'll try the cranberry juice thank you
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Another for cranberry juice. Not cranberry juice cocktail, but real cranberry juice.

x's 50
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Cranberry juice and lots of water. Also, there is this stuff at the pharmacy called Azo, it helps numb you so it doesn't hurt quite so bad. Be warned it turns your pee bright orange, so stop taking it a day or 2 before your appt. Also, that is a long time to wait for a UTI! Any way you can drop off a urine sample to get things going? Can't hurt to call and ask. Good luck!

This. CVS and Rite Aid carry the name brand and generic of Azo.
  • A_nonymous2
    A_nonymous2 Posts: 366 Member
    any Urgent care or walgreens take care clinic can treat this. you can just walk in those. Don't wait, that is dangerous.
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    I'm going to echo going to an urgent care clinic and drinking pure cranberry juice. You can also buy cranberry concentrate tablets. I'm not sure how well those work though.
  • theoriginaljayne
    theoriginaljayne Posts: 559 Member
    Yet another vote for cranberry juice.