Worst Case Scenario

Options
So I've been really wanting candy corn pumkins, lofthouse cookies, something soft and sweet. REALLY, REALLY BAD.

At Walmart tonight, I was on a mission to give myself something without going overboard. (Have I mentioned that the old me would have bought a box of yellow zingers or lofthouse cookies and ate half on the way home, the other half during the course of the evening?)

So I went to the snack isle and saw that Weight Watchers has YELLOW ZINGER-LIKE CAKES! :drinker: AHHHHHHHHH (the clouds parted and the Light from Heaven shined upon me)!

I pick up the box....80 calories each! I flip the box over, 6 in the box! A quick calculation in my head and I said, "worst case scenario, that's just 480 calories if I eat the WHOLE box...real zingers would be nearly 1,000 calories for 6"!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I had ONE with a glass of fat free milk for my snack and am under calories tonight :wink:

Replies

• tessjordan88
    tessjordan88 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Great job resisting temptation! :happy:
    Can you tell much difference in flavor? This is the big question for me since my tastebuds are so sensitive to differences in taste.
  • becomingsara
    Options
    THIS is a MONUMENTAL accomplishment!! Way to THINK and breathe and arm yourself with educated decisions!!!
    BRAVO :drinker:
  • freya1948
    Options
    Hats off....awesome job staying on track and yet still finding a way to satisfy your sweet tooth. Guess they are right "where there is a will,there is a way"

BRAVO
  • loonpine2
    loonpine2 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I love the way you think! The old me would also have eaten the whole box of what ever, but now, like you eat in moderation. I do have to say my biggest down fall is starbuck.. but that too has been downsized, to a skinny hazelnut latte,, skim milk, and sugar free!
  • WonderNoodle
    Options
    woo hoo loonpine2!

tess...being a cake connoisseur, i was skeptical. i will say, it was "airy" cake. not dense and supermoist like my dear friend the zinger BUT....it's been so long since i've "zinged" that it was a true treat. the TASTE was the same, the texture was not.

i'm leaving two out for tomorrow snacks and throwing the rest in the freezer. a little thaw time to "think before i eat" will do me good. :blushing: