Need suggestion for Ab workout videos

Options
I'm only 2.5 pounds away from goal and I've successfully lost weight using MFP and walking. Now it's time to tone up, especially because I booked a cruise for our family and I have two months to be bikini ready! :happy:

I can't afford the gym right now, so if you could please recommend a video on youtube that would help tone up my abs.

Thank you!

Replies

• HeyGoRun
    HeyGoRun Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Check out jackie warner!
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    Isolated Ab work won't "tone up your abs". That would be spot reducing.

It comes from lowered overall BF%, so you need to drive on lowering your BF% through diet, and put in the work (cardio AND compound strength movements).
  • Hjdavenport
    Options
    The p90x Ab Ripper X video is the best ab workout I've ever done! I hate it with a passion but it works! haha :) I think you can get it off of ebay and things like that if you don't want the whole p90x workout.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    You don't need direct ab work to get "tonned" stomach, that comes from fat loss. I would suggest doing a heavy lifting strength training program that focuses on compound lifts. What this will achieve is increased strength and your abs get worked during the lifts to stabilize your body. Check out the books stating strength, New Rules of Lifting for Women, or the program stronglifts 5x5.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I have been doing RevAbs on DVD - not sure if they are available on youtube or not...they are interval training with a focus on core muscles.
  • lavaughan69
    lavaughan69 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    okay, thank you for the suggestions. I'm definitely going to continue to work at reducing BF%, I was just hoping to firm up those muscles and get a little definition before I go away. I suppose realistically there's not much chance of seeing ab muscles if I still have a layer of pudge on top! :tongue: I don't have access to weights so I was hoping to achieve some results by using work out videos.

On a positive note, I'm very excited to be going on my first cruise and for once I'm not panicked about the way I look, I've lost 39.5 pounds already and my husband says I'm smoking hot! That's all that really matters. I'm going to rock a bikini regardless even if I can't achieve any sort of definition!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    okay, thank you for the suggestions. I'm definitely going to continue to work at reducing BF%, I was just hoping to firm up those muscles and get a little definition before I go away. I suppose realistically there's not much chance of seeing ab muscles if I still have a layer of pudge on top! :tongue: I don't have access to weights so I was hoping to achieve some results by using work out videos.

On a positive note, I'm very excited to be going on my first cruise and for once I'm not panicked about the way I look, I've lost 39.5 pounds already and my husband says I'm smoking hot! That's all that really matters. I'm going to rock a bikini regardless even if I can't achieve any sort of definition!

If you don't have weights, take a look at the program "you are your own gym", will help your body overall, much more than an ab video.
  • lavaughan69
    Options
    I just watched a quick video on YouTube showing some of the moves for "you are you're own gym". Looks challenging!! Thank you for the recommendation!
  • ChristaLee72
    ChristaLee72 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels 6 Week 6 Pack is an awesome DVD!!!
  • lavaughan69
    Options
    I do like Jillian! And a lot of her videos are on YouTube.
  • MrKevboto
    Options
    Ab Ripper X from P90X is the best ab workout I've ever done. Highly recommended.