1 year on MFP

Options
BrookeBQ
BrookeBQ Posts: 163 Member
365 days of logging straight!

On October 14th last year I broke down after seeing Julianne Hough on TV. She was just so thin and gorgeous, and after months of trying I had gotten no where. I was living abroad for 8 months and was coming home for Christmas, so I wanted to surprise my family by being more fit than before I had left.

Now I exercise everyday just for fun- because I love it. I went for a run this weekend with my dad and we laughed about how I used to cry on runs with him because I was so out of shape and I hated it. I have everything in moderation now and don't feel like I am missing out. I am going to keep logging because I don't trust myself to return to my old ways, and this just works for me.

Thank you MFP and all of my friends on here. Now that I've lost 26 pounds it isn't about weight for me, but about confidence and feeling healthy. My depression is gone, and I am very ready for the next chapter in my life- getting married to the awesome guy who has stuck with me through thick and thin (har har).

Everyone feel free to add me as a friend! I hope this motivates you to keep logging for the long haul :) You have all taken the hardest step just by starting.

Without further ado... lots of pictures.

Before

25gqiq8.jpg
xmsewx.jpg
2hok8y9.jpg
ztsr2g.jpg

After
(Now that I'm at my goal, I should take more photos... maybe at Christmas :) )

132 pounds
2wnmnaf.jpg
2zg7uht.jpg

126.6 pounds

2eyusfq.png

Replies

• melfitnesspal13
    melfitnesspal13 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I did the same thing the year I lived in France, went back looking fantastic! Too bad I didn't keep off all that weight, which is why I am back to square one now. It is so important to believe in yourself!!

Your pics are not showing though.

:happy:
  • BrookeBQ
    Options
    Congrats! I did the same thing the year I lived in France, went back looking fantastic! Too bad I didn't keep off all that weight, which is why I am back to square one now. It is so important to believe in yourself!!

Your pics are not showing though.

:happy:
    Thanks!
    I don't post on the forum much, I think I have the photos working now (though they are kind of huge). :)
    You can do it again!!!
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Congrats, you look gorgeous! And that's a beautiful wedding dress!
  • schonkreuz
    schonkreuz Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Omgosh you look so awesome, and that dress! :heart:
  • BrookeBQ
    Options
    Congrats, you look gorgeous! And that's a beautiful wedding dress!
    Thank you!!! It's a Sophia Tolli and I am so excited to wear it in June. Congratulations on your own loss, that is incredible!
  • BrookeBQ
    Options
    Omgosh you look so awesome, and that dress! :heart:
    You are too kind!! Congratulations on your own loss! :)
  • Still1Workoutatatime
    Options
    High 5!!! Outstanding job!!!
  • ellen_kay
    ellen_kay Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Its finally nice to see you. You are beautiful and I am so blessed to have you as my friend. You are wonderful.
  • l0l0p
    l0l0p Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    You ARE AWESOME Pretty GORGEOUS!!! WTG!!!! INSPIRING!!!<3 HAPPY 365!!!:bigsmile: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Naomi0504
    Naomi0504 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Great progress, and your dress is beautiful :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!