My weight loss Journey!

Options
Hi Guys!
I have recently realized how out of control my weight gain has been and i want to stay focused and Driven to succeed~
I want to loose 65 lbs total!
Starting off small! hoping to loose about 1-2 lbs a week! hopefully keep that pattern, and by my wedding day look my best! i know it will be hard but hopfully with everyone supporting me i can loose this!
I really hope this log helps me!
September 20, 2014 i will be a married lady and I have 11 Months to do this!

Thanks in advace!
I know i can do this!:blushing:

Replies

• meparker757
    meparker757 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    It is a Journey and yes, you can do it!

By the time that special day rolls around, you're be all set! Keep the faith.

Michael
  • Iggy1992
    Iggy1992 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hiya!

Good luck on your journey, I hope you achieve your goal weight.
    I have split mine up into segments - looking at loosing 23kgs (50 pounds) by December 2014 which gives me 64 wks to say goodbye to the flab!

I have split this up first into getting to 85kg (187 pounds) which is 10kg (22 pounds) to loose.

To reach my goal, by my goal date I need to loose 0.365g (12oZ) per week.

I don't know if this helps, but for me, looking at ten kilos instead of 23 helps me to feel like my goal is realistic :)

Good Luck!
  • loosinit42806
    loosinit42806 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    thank you.
    Im really ready to move past this weight and make time for a healthier me!
  • emilyisbonkers
    emilyisbonkers Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    take it week by week and it all adds up
  • stat1124
    stat1124 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    First of all CONGRATZ on the engagement! That's fantastic! I just wanted to add a few things to what all of these fine people have told you so far. First and foremost, make lots of small goals. Goals you can accomplish either weekly or bi-weekly. They will keep you on track and more importantly not have you staring at that final number and stressing about it. Stress is a large reason why some people have trouble losing weight. Stress can put your body thru all kinds of adjustments which can make progress slower. While we are on stress, be sure to embrace and enjoy your wedding planning. That also can be really stressful if you approach it wrong! My advice start EARLY. As Early as TODAY. The more you can tuck odds and ins awhile while you move forward, the less you will have to stress about it come 2 to 3 months from the day! ( Married 1.5 years ago and remember it vividly) Last but not least, have fun with it. Pour passion into it like you do the hobbies that you can't live without. Even though its hard and frustrating at time, the accomplish and the feeling from that accomplish is nothing short of AWESOME!! If you ever need a pep talk, add me as a friend! Good luck on your journey, I think you will do just fine!
  • sradams1
    sradams1 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Congrats on our engagement ! Welcome to MFP- feel free to add me!
  • mandylenk
    mandylenk Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've also decided to break my one big goal in to a few smaller, more attainable goals.....Celebrate the small wins. I started logging six weeks ago, and have lost six pounds so far.....not too shabby! My first goal is to lose 26 lbs (that will put me at my pre-children weight). Once I get there.....I have to work toward my "ideal" weight...which would be to lose another 20 lbs.
    MFD works for me because i can eat whetever I want (within reason, of course) so when my calories are gone for the day, I'm done eating!
    Good luck, keep posting, we're all cheering you on!
  • loosinit42806
    loosinit42806 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I am really looking forward to seeing double didgets!!! I cant wait!
    I know these things take time and im up for the challenge! :)