Treadmill advice

Options
Going to try this question one more time :tongue:

I am looking for a treadmill for walking and jogging. Based on posts here and reviews online I am looking at the following 2 treadmills. I want at least a 3.0 chp motor. The reviews are kind of confusing. Opinions on these two?

http://www.nordictrack.com/fitness/en/NordicTrack/Treadmills/c-900-treadmill

http://www.soletreadmills.com/treadmills/f63-treadmill-2013

Replies

• TigerBite
    TigerBite Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Go with the Nordictrack ... I have the climbing treadmill, and absolutely love it ... great shock absorption ...
  • shirleyh1946
    shirleyh1946 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Wish I could help you. Don't know anything about those two. Just wanted to let you know somebody was reading your Post for Help.:smile:
  • DiaryofaMadFatMan
    DiaryofaMadFatMan Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    A grand on a treadmill? LOL. I would look in the newspaper or online. There are always people who've given up on getting fit and trying to sell their slightly used treadmills.
  • MaureenH39
    MaureenH39 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Thank you both :smile:
  • MaureenH39
    Options
    I have been looking online for a used one for quite awhile. People either have really old ones or not the motor I want. I can get one new for $500 but not a 3.0 hp motor...so, yes $1,000 for a higher quality treadmill...which you can actually spend $2,000+ for a quality one with a stronger motor that will last.
  • jcdoerr
    jcdoerr Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    If you haven't read the reviews on this site yet, you should: treadmilldoctor.com. They break down all the information pretty well and you can even find out about typical repairs and costs for each brand you're looking at. Personally, I have a Sole F80 which I bought about 5 years ago. I started out mainly walking, then worked my way up to a little bit of jogging, and now mostly run on it. I'd say that during an average week I'm on it 4-5 days out of the week and usually run anywhere from 2-5 miles at a time. I even used it to train for a half-marathon! It is still in perfect condition and I've never had to do anything to do it except lubricate the deck. Well worth the extra money in my opinion. If you're really serious about using it a lot, used and cheap is not the way to go on a treadmill.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    I had the C900 Pro from NordicTrack. I liked it, but then had issues with the incline motor. After the initial fix, the treadmill started squeaking excessively, and very oddly. They tried to fix it many times but it never worked. Finally they agreed to replace it under warranty. I was offered the option to upgrade if I paid the difference. I decided to upgrade to one with the full color LCD screen.

And...I LOVE IT. It is so much nicer than the C900. I don't despise running on the treadmill anymore. It's more comfortable and a nicer machine.

So, I'd recommend this one if you can swing the extra cost. I will say that I think the issues with my first one were just a fluke, but even before it broke, it wasn't as nice to run on as this one (walking would be great on either).

http://www.nordictrack.com/fitness/en/NordicTrack/Treadmills/commercial-1750-treadmill
  • Quix82
    Quix82 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I've been using my NordicTrack for 10 years, 4 of those years being 40+ miles a week. Aside from having to tighten the motor belt once in awhile (2 minute fix) it still runs great. It definitely doesn't owe me anything. If and when it does eventually die, I'll be buying another NordicTrack.

Soooooo... yes, my obvious suggestion is to go with NordicTrack.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I bought an expensive True treadmill over 12 years ago. It is quiet, sturdy, cushions my joints and very reliable. I got the narrower track, which works well in my house and doesn't take up half of my study. I second the idea of buying pre-owned high end equipment. Lots of people invest large sums on treadmills and then don't actually use them. I'm sure there are great finds to be had.
  • EricInArlington
    EricInArlington Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    flip a coin
  • MaureenH39
    Options
    Thanks everyone! :smile:
  • norrisski
    norrisski Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    I love my elliptical. I burn more calories and feel like I get a much better leg workout on it then I ever did on my treadmill.
  • TammyS327
    TammyS327 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    A grand on a treadmill? LOL. I would look in the newspaper or online. There are always people who've given up on getting fit and trying to sell their slightly used treadmills.

This for sure! I bought a proform with ifit off of Craigslist for $75. It has incline and quick speed and has been great.
  • MaureenH39
    Options
    RIght, been looking on Craigslist for quite awhile. Have not seen any yet with a 3.0 motor. Proform reviews state many are not good for running except starting with the model that sells for $999...most on craigslist so far are the lower models that are not recommended for running :ohwell:
  • donrdon
    donrdon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I've got a Nordictrack 1750. Fantastic machine, not only does it have the auto incline but decline also. Ifit is built in. Great service, had an issue with the console beeping, within a week i had a new console at my door and within another 3 days their local rep had it installed. One of the best, if not the best warranty out there on treadmills. No squeaks or squawks, no slippage in the belt. Major 2 thumbs up.
  • MaureenH39
    Options
    Good info, thanks! :)