Salt and vinegar snack-a-jacks

Options
I don't know if these are international but boy are they salty!!! They are salt and vinegar flavoured rice cakes in the UK , 0.14g sodium and 41 calories each . I thought they would make a nice snack but eurgh.:grumble:

Must keep looking for something crunchy, crispy and low calorie - that isn't a vegetable!
Any suggestions?
Remember I live in a tiny village in the Peak District in England although I am only an hour away from the city.:smile:

Replies

• ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the ryvita minis? I am not a fan, but lots of people love them. They sell them at Tesco and probably some other stores.
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Try the toffee (or is it caramel?) flavour snack a jacks, they are LOVELY, taste just like toffee popcorn but with a fraction of the calories and only 20mg of sodium in this flavour.

Or what about Quavers, Skips, Walkers baked crisps? There are loads of crisps that come in at under 100 cals if you look
  • johnthefatman
    Options
    Carr's Melts -the plain ones not the cheesy ones - kick in at 20 cals a biscuit 80mg sodium - my go to savoury crunch - great with roasted veg or a little cheese.
  • Sauchie
    Sauchie Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    My salty snack of choice Quaker mini rice cakes, ranch, cheddar or sour cream.... And there is always pop corn w/ hot sauce
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    I recently discovered Planters Flavor Grove Salt and Vinegar flavored almonds. They're AWESOME!!!! They fit most of your criteria - except for being low calorie.... they're nuts.

However, it's worth the calories for me - they're so tasty and keep me satisfied for a long time. Good luck in your quest for the perfect snack!
  • azlady7
    azlady7 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    ohhhh I love anything salt and vinegar!!!
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Popcorn! They have lots of lower calorie and lower sodium varieties available! :smile:

and pretzels.
  • size3again
    size3again Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I like the baked Doritos and I spray with lemon juice (yum yum), but only a small bag. I hate to say this but I like the baby snacks.... They are good and low in calories. I found this out when I had my first and only grand baby... I try everything before I give to my baby girl: )
  • johnthefatman
    Options
    Remembered my second go to crunchy snack is Tesco Healthy Choice dutch Crispbakes - great crunch and taste for about 30cal with minimal salt. - . the Carr's Melts are from Tesco too
  • mobymarsh
    mobymarsh Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    i make my own snack get some lasanga sheets break them up and drop them into boiling water until aldente then put them on a kitchen towel to dry tranfer them onto a baking sheet and spray with frylight cook in a moderatly hot oven for 8 mins or until golden brown. you can change the taste but adding stock to the water or herbs to the roasting tin.
    enjoy
  • michie1979
    michie1979 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Do you have Velvet Crunch Sweet Potato snacks?? we have them here in Ireland, they are nice too. I love snack a jacks!!
  • cataclysm
    cataclysm Posts: 109
    Options
    I like crackerbread- which is about 100cal for 4/5 I think! I believe they are made by the same people that make ryvita, but taste noting like it. They are sort of like ...plain frazzles? Try them topped with something low cal like wafer thin meet or low fat spread/butter.