Hi, I'm a mess.

Options
So Round 2.

Hi, I'm Jay. I'm not new to MFP; I was on here religiously last year, and with this magical tool I was able to lose 30+ pounds! For whatever reason, I began not checking in everyday and eventually fell off. I rejoined a few months back, but then my computer decided to take a trip to the after life without warning. It took a while to get a new computer, and in the meantime I had life to deal with life, which sucks. Anywho, I say all that to say: Hi, I'm a mess.

So my story begins when I was about three, I didn't talk yet because according to several doctors I had nothing to say. Usually, a child's first words have something to do with something they want or someone they see everyday, like Mama, Dada or Ball....mines was "McDonald's Happy Meal". I would write a long(er) story about my troubled lifelong journey with trying to lose weight but you probably get the point. Now, I am focused on kicking my first love (McDonald's) to the curb and learning to enjoy a healthier lifestyle. I would love to have some new friends to motivate me, since I think that was the most instrumental factor in losing the initial 30 lbs. If you want to help a mess in need, please add me :) In return, I hope to be a motivation to you!

So on to the fun part! My stats:
Height: 5'2
CW: 201 lbs
HW: 249 lbs (I found that out at my (now closed) neighborhood KMart on one of those 25 cent scales, that scale changed my life).
GW: 130ish

Replies

• andysmom
    andysmom Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hi Jay! You sound like someone with a purpose and a sense of humor! Welcome back. Remember, "failure is not falling down but staying down!" Like you, I've been fighting this battle all my life. My highest weight was about 235. I started here in April at 223 and my most recent step on the scales showed 182! Woo hoo! You can do it too!
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Well, you should start by NOT calling yourself "a mess" anymore. You're not a mess. You're a work in progress...As we all are. :flowerforyou:
  • fit_healthy92
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you're looking for some motivation and support :)