Preparing for Baby

Options
2»

Replies

• pearljam1997
    pearljam1997 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    While we can't be TTC anymore, very low sperm count and there's no point, we did TTC for a few years. We're currently counting down the days till our IVF cycle starts!!!! And I'm trying to lose a few pounds before then, so not losing weight while TTC but kinda, lol. Just wanted to wish you luck and hope you see two beautiful lines sooner then later.

Also for anyone interested there's a small group on here, just two of us so far and we're looking for more to join us!!! Whether your TTC or waiting for fertility treatment come on in and join us, we'd love to have you!!! And no you don't have to have PCOS to be in the group, anyone is welcome.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/51080-infertility-sucks-
  • ambrosia282
    ambrosia282 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    We had a heck of a time trying to conceive our 2nd child - 19 months I believe. I decided to to try losing weight and once I lost around 30 lbs it happened. After having him, I started losing weight for me with no plans for a 3rd child. Lost around 20 lbs I believe and surprise, baby #3!

It worked for me! Now working on losing again for ME and the husbands been snipped so no more surprises. :wink:
  • ErinMLB
    ErinMLB Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Me, mostly just trying to get myself healthy again. I had two miscarriages within 4 months of each other, the second being ecotopic, I had to have these really nasty needles and they completely threw my body out of wack, I gained about 20 pounds in 2 months so am trying to get back to normal.

Here's hoping that third time is a charm, we've tried again the past 4 months or so but no luck, and are taking the next two cycles off of trying (his parents will be with us during Christmas and I don't want to be dealing with morning sickness and the worry of losing another while they are here).

Feel free to add me!
  • eheinze12
    eheinze12 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    although we have no actual plans to have a child right now, I am losing weight so that I can have a healthy pregnancy and exercise through pregnancy so it will be easier to bounce back after having a baby. It's a motivation.. not the sole reason I am losing though.
  • teamnevergoingback
    teamnevergoingback Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I am in it to lose weight right now for my health, but my husband and I are thinking about having children. Not 100% set in stone yet as we have a TON of things we wish to accomplish before we bring a little one in this world!

Me too here. We are in discussion about children, but do not know exactly when we want to. I do have the idea of getting in shape for my future children in mind all the time however, because I imagine it is so much more difficult to lose the weight after having a baby... not only the body changes that come along with it, but all my time will be devoted to my little one!
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Why is he not your HUSBAND ?
  • twhitecotton32
    twhitecotton32 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • tattoosandheels
    tattoosandheels Posts: 66 Member
    Options

Why are you so RUDE? It doesn't matter if he is my HUSBAND or my BOYFRIEND. So take your judgements elsewhere. Nobody wants your negativity. This is a POSITIVE website. Why my boyfriend and I aren't married is none of your business. If you don't like it, tough *kitten*.
  • Care76
    Care76 Posts: 556 Member
    Options

That has nothing to do with what this thread is about so why even bother posting unless you just want to start trouble?

For the record, my husband and I started trying to conceive a year before we were married. We were already living together for 5 years (oh the horror!) and decided it was the right time for us. We have been married 13 years last month but we have been living together for 19! And our beautiful miracle baby will be 1 on October 31. :-)
  • Care76
    Care76 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    While we can't be TTC anymore, very low sperm count and there's no point, we did TTC for a few years. We're currently counting down the days till our IVF cycle starts!!!! And I'm trying to lose a few pounds before then, so not losing weight while TTC but kinda, lol. Just wanted to wish you luck and hope you see two beautiful lines sooner then later.

Also for anyone interested there's a small group on here, just two of us so far and we're looking for more to join us!!! Whether your TTC or waiting for fertility treatment come on in and join us, we'd love to have you!!! And no you don't have to have PCOS to be in the group, anyone is welcome.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/51080-infertility-sucks-

Thanks for posting the group! And good luck with your IVF! Our baby is an IVF baby. :-) And yes, getting fit and healthy is a great way to go into IVF. I gained almost 15lbs from all the meds. I was so bloated I couldn't fit into my clothes. Plus I believe it can be easier on you body if you are good and strong. I listened to my fertility acupuncturist and she told me no high impact exercise (about 6 months or more before IVF), only half an hour of swimming or walking so I stopped zumba and other things. I think it was the worst thing I could have done.
  • JCHH88
    JCHH88 Posts: 37 Member
    Options

You are so rude. Pop out of your small town, small minded bubble.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!