Bachelorized Recipes

Options
weaving2fast
weaving2fast Posts: 64 Member
Recipe seems like a harsh word for what I go through. I'm curious about low carb recipes that have very few ingredients/steps. If I eat George Foreman grilled chicken and veggies one more night I'm going to lose it. There has to be something tasty out there.:explode:

Replies

• Pamstimelines
    Pamstimelines Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Do you like seafood? I do tilapia - bake, grill, broil, pan-fry with lemon pepper or lightly coated with ww flour and a dash of cayenne pepper. Delicioso!
  • FrauHaas2013
    FrauHaas2013 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Do you have a BBQ grill? What about marinating and/or using different seasonings?? We usually grill or roast our meats and veggies. Or you could make a stew...

http://www.artofmanliness.com/2010/08/17/meals-for-the-bachelor-5-simple-one-skillet-recipes/
    thebachelorchefs.com
    www.thebachelorskitchen.com/recipes.asp
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/389001-healthy-bachelor-meals/
  • salzej01
    salzej01 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • BringingSherriBack
    BringingSherriBack Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Do you have a crock pot?

Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Breasts
    3 lb bag frozen skinless boneless chicken breasts
    12 oz bottle Franks Red Hot Buffalo Sauce

Throw the chicken breasts in the crockpot and pour the entire bottle of sauce over the chicken and let cook 6 hours on high or 8+ hours on low.

Great served on low carb wraps with lettuce, cheese, and ranch dressing or by itself with ranch dressing for dipping.
  • BringingSherriBack
    BringingSherriBack Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    How about a low carb taco salad?

Cook up some ground beef, drain and prepare per package directions.

Then just put on serve over a bed of lettuce with a little tomato, some shredded cheese, sour cream and a little salsa.

You can even make low carb tacos with low carb soft tortillas.

I use low carb tortillas for all kinds of wraps, tacos, quesadillas, etc.
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Most of what I cook is bachelor-y... but it's also pretty high in carbs.

How about an omelet? I used to do this all the time:
    take some mushrooms (canned works), onions and peppers, sautee them a bit and dump the eggs on top. You can add a little flour and bread crumbs to the egg+milk mix for some consistency, and you can add any sauce or cheese you like.

Takes 10mins.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Steak au poivre

Welsh rarebit

Hamburgers

Chicken cordon bleu

Larb
  • emergencytennis
    emergencytennis Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Can you buy lamb backstraps?

Cut some slices partway through a lamb backstrap. Rub some garlic paste (which I buy in a tube) into the cuts. Fry it on high heat in olive oil about 4 minutes each side. Serve on a couple of handfuls of bagged salad with a bit of yoghurt, shred some mint on top with a squeeze of lemon if you like.

Eggs are your friend, as waster said.

3 eggs, stir them together. Slice a tomato and some cheese. Heat some olive oil, pour in the eggs. Turn down the heat and cover, wait until the eggs look set. Scatter the tomato and cheese on top, then fold the eggs over to make a half moon with the tomatoes inside. Rip some basil on top if you like.
  • hananah89
    hananah89 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    i cook for just myself most of the time, and while not low carb, I tend to rotate between what meat I want (buy in bulk and freeze portions) then just pair up what I want with said meat. Usually broccoli, roasted carrots, pasta, tortillas if tacos, etc.