My Second Day - Whoopeee!!

Options
:smile:
It was a long hard journey - mentally - to get to the point of wanting to lose the weight. My sister and husband are doing the same, which gave me some support and encouragement. We will do it one day at a time - and hopefully by next May - I will have dropped another me!

Replies

• JayneWilson1963
    JayneWilson1963 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I have been on MFP for 3 months, starting my 4th. It's the best decision I have made in many years. I have lost weight with diets many times before, but it was never a lifestyle change. This time is different; it's a lifestyle change, not a diet. Good luck on your weight loss journey. Please feel free to add me as a friend; we can help motivate each other.
  • oogie13
    Options
    Thak you for the nice welcome, Jayne! You have lost 44 pounds - WOW! Any wise word of wisdom to a beginner?
  • oogie13
    Options
    Welcome. I have been on MFP for 3 months, starting my 4th. It's the best decision I have made in many years. I have lost weight with diets many times before, but it was never a lifestyle change. This time is different; it's a lifestyle change, not a diet. Good luck on your weight loss journey. Please feel free to add me as a friend; we can help motivate each other.
  • amtrust
    amtrust Posts: 178
    Options
    Glad you're here!!!! This was my new year's resolution last year. You CAN do it! The support on here is FABulous!

:smile:
  • GrayJohn
    Options
    Exactly - not a diet but a lifestyle change. I've been saying that for nearly a year and never tire of it!!
  • suzikelley
    suzikelley Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! You can totally do this! The tools here are fantastic and the PEOPLE are AMAZING!! This is totally a personal choice, but I recommend keeping your diary open at least to friends. It has really helped to keep me accountable. With my experience, being on MFP for 60+ days now - no one is judgmental if you have a bad day... just encouraging to get right back on the wagon. Everyone here is in the same boat - either they're losing weight, or maintaining the weight they've lost. It's such a wonderful support system - and VERY ADDICTING!! Before you know it, the good habits are going to become 2nd nature to you! Water is crucial, and exercise is very important. Even if you can only walk 5 minutes - do it! Then keep building from there - it ALL ADDS UP!! :-) Good luck to you!! Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like! :-)