Soda or no Soda

Options
I gave up soda about a year ago and fell off the wagon for a couple month ,but have been back on track for several months now. Do you think a diet soda here and there is really that bad for you? I don't drink coffee and sometimes miss that little kick of caffeine.

Replies

• AmberJewelCR
    Options
    I don't think an occasional soda is the end of the world. Diet soda is horrible for you. Might as well stick to the regular stuff if you're going to drink it.

There's nothing "diet" about a sugary drink.
  • TheBackStory
    Options
    I don't drink soda's. I do drink the hell out of some coffee though, other than that it's just water. I'm not a big fan of diet soda, so I can't really say. I think any soda might not be so great but when you think about it, what else do we put in our bodies that's just as bad....
  • afat12
    afat12 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    If it fits into your overall calories for the day go for it. I have a soda problem as well, I need that afternoon pick me up.
  • HPB2
    HPB2 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I gave up soda about 6 months ago. I will have one every once in awhile. Everything in moderation :)
  • FerretBuellerr
    FerretBuellerr Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Nothing is absolutely terrible for you every once and a while. I think that's the response you will get from most people around here.

I'm a little biased because I've never been a big pop drinker (unless there's some rum going in there :drinker:), but if you've already given it up, why go back? I gave up coffee because I knew it was mostly just added calories from the sugar and milk I was putting in that I didn't need, and I knew I was tricking myself into being "dependent" on waking up in the morning with a cup or two. I'm much happier with getting caffeine when I desperately need it from tea instead.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    I drink a diet soda every day. Is it healthy? probably not. Is it super unhealthy? That's debatable.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Once in awhile is fine. And reality, if it fits into your calorie goals, you can have one whenever you want. Just don't get the majority of your calories from sugary, carbonated beverages.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    If you like soda, drink soda. If you don't like soda, don't drink soda.

Stop overcomplicating things.
  • FizikallyFit
    FizikallyFit Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    No SODA! for me, it is just nasty. I don't see what the hype is about, it taste gross and it burns on the way down then it gets me bloated. ugh no
  • l911jnt
    l911jnt Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    if it fits into your daily calories and u like it, drink it. I always loved Dr. Pepper. I stopped drinking it because the sugar in it put me too far over daily allowance. After 10 weeks without one the other day I drank one and it seemed to sweet for me. Didn't even finish it.
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    opinions will vary. I have one diet soda maybe once every other week or so - sometimes every other month or so. I don't think it's going to kill me.