Hello

Options
einzig
einzig Posts: 12 Member
I've joined MFP in the past, and really liked it, so I decided to try again. I need to lose over 100 lbs, my goal is between 115 - 145. The reason for the gap is because I may be perfectly happy at 160 lbs, or I may want to lose up to 30 more. Per the doctors I should be at 120 - 140, but I have never been that thin, so I'm not sure how it will look on me.

Right now, I'm doing one month at a time. My goal is to lose 4% of my weight each month, and participate in DietBet while doing it to encourage me. For this month, it's 11 lbs that I need to lose to win my goal. I'm at 275.2 as of yesterday morning, I want to be at 264.2 by Nov 13th if possible. Each month will be a new challenge, so I will encourage and treat myself monthly to keep me motivated to go for the long term. If I do 4% each month for 12 months, I'll lose 106.6. If I keep it up, I'll reach 160 by end of November 2014, if I decide to go to 130, then by end of April 2015, which will be around my 3rd year anniversary with my husband.

I want to lose weight for me, and so I can have a child. I have PCOS which can prevent me from being able to get pregnant and being 120 - 150 lbs overweight doesn't help those changes go up. Plus, though I thing I'm an amazing person on the inside, and in my head, I haven't liked what I see on the outside in over 6 years. I want to change that.

Replies

• einzig
    Options
    Already lost in the masses of introductions, lol.
  • LadyElby
    LadyElby Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hi! And welcome back! I'm Erika, 26 years old. I'm about 40 pounds from my goal. I'm always looking for more friends to exchange support and encouragement. Feel free to add me if your looking for new friends!
  • einzig
    Options
    Thanks for the friends. :) I could use the support. I have a husband to support me, but he's never had a weight issue, or well, he's has the opposite problem he's TOO skinny. So it's hard for him to understand how much I need to lose, and what I need to do to lose it.

He did go walking with my yesterday, twice, and he's supposed to go walking with me today...so that part is at least nice. :)
  • Sobeone
    Sobeone Posts: 72
    Options
    Welcome and hello. 11 lbs, no problem. You can do that easy, just make sure to log your meals everyday and watch the pounds melt away. Stay positive and you will be collecting on your bet. Remember, no excuses!!!
  • ASAPfit
    Options
    Hello! I have also used MFP in the past and maybe got abit to confident in my weight loss journey and decided I didn't need it lol well I've hit a plateau... I havn't lost or gained any weight in 9months so here I am!!
    If anyone has any tips please your help is needed.
    I'm 5ft3 weigh 136lbs I would like to lose 15lbs i jog on the treadmill for 30mins a day 5 days a week and do 30day shred I'm currently on day 8 of Level 2.
    Absolutely rubbish at calorie counting (another reason why I came back on MFP)