Give me your grocery list and meal plan

Options
I wish someone would just say here is a healthy meal plan I have for the week, and here is a grocery list of stuff on sale at my local grocery store so it wouldn't be outrageous. LOL

I take almost 2-3 hrs making meal plans and hunting for deals....anyone feel my pain! :)

Replies

• Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    That's how I plan my week. I start with the local circular and see what is on sale and work my meals around it.
  • runningvegan
    Options
    There are websites that do this for you....emeals, the fresh 20, etc. they will provide a meal plan, shopping list, recipe and nutrition facts. Maybe you could get their free trial, and see if it is something that could work for you.
  • DustyBanana
    DustyBanana Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • ChristineinMA
    ChristineinMA Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    www.canyoustayfordinner.com has had a series of menus because the blogger, who is maintaining a 165-lb weight loss herself, is helping her mother slim down.
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    SavingDinner.com

She is a nutritionist and has several meal plans to choose from, including a paleo plan and a low budget plan.
  • rhye
    rhye Posts: 104 Member
    Options
  • ChristineinMA
    ChristineinMA Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Nah I eat the same stuff day in a day out. I'm too lazy for meal planning.
  • ddiestler
    ddiestler Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    bump
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Nah I eat the same stuff day in a day out. I'm too lazy for meal planning.

This
  • kbeardmore22
    kbeardmore22 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    bump
  • CWonder003
    CWonder003 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I go to the same 2 grocery chains every month, and I know which days certain items tend to be on sale. I buy a lot of chicken, ground turkey (in tacos), wraps, spinach, fresh and frozen veggies, rice, sweet potatoes, and milk.

I have go-to meals that I love, and otherwise I try new seasonings/variations of the same foods prepared different ways .

I make homemade pizza so I can control the amount of cheese, thickness of crust, and add healthier toppings.

In the summer, we grill all the time, lots of chicken, pork, corn, asparagus, and green beans.

I add variety by buying sale items impulsively from time to time, usually meats because a local market has awesome weekly sales, and a local chain always has great "manager special" deals.

So, I don't really plan meals, and that helps me save money and not get bored of my options.
  • TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I buy the healthy sale items, go home and plan from what I have purchased most of the time. I there is something in particular I want I do purchase that also. We are kinda of a fly by the seat of our pants family but we keep healthy items in the house vs unhealthy so that keeps us on track. When things that we use a lot of are on sale I do stock up usually also, such as last week we had tyson boneless, skinless, chicken breast 3 lb bags for $5 so that means I buy 4 bags.
  • kbugsmeemaw
    kbugsmeemaw Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    bump
  • SPPutnam
    SPPutnam Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    That's inspiring! I just hit the ground running and try and get the shopping done as fast as I can and buy as much as I can for $100! I try and stay in the produce and meats departments for the majority of my shopping.
  • binariiangel
    binariiangel Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I signed up for Emeals.com they have all kinds of meal plans, I chose the low carb cause my dad & Husband have diabetes and I could do with a little less potatoes & pasta. It's $21 or so for 3 months, and they send you a weekly meal plan, and shopping list for everything that you need. I've modified some of the meals but for the most part they're amazing. You can choose to shop at Wal-mart or whatever store you want. If you choose walmart it tells you exactly how much you SHOULD spend on that weeks meals there. (It roughly breaks down to $100 for a family of 3-4). You can also add on lunches & breakfasts as well for a few extra dollars a month.
  • MedicMangan80
    Options
    Someone above mentioned emeals supplies nutrition facts, I have the Clean Eating plan but I have yet to see the facts. I would love to have those to track in MFP. Am I blind and just missing them? Thanks for the help!!!
  • ausheli
    ausheli Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    We use this site, its great because it has a 6 week rotation to not get bored

http://www.healthyfoodhealthyplanet.org/menu-plan-info/