Logging after eating out

Options
atampa
atampa Posts: 57 Member
Does anyone have trouble logging after they have eaten out? MFP has a lot of different foods in there directory, but what if they food is not there? Do i not log for the meal?

Replies

• scraig77
    scraig77 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    If I can't find it I try to find the restaurants website to see if they have the nutrition info. If they do not, then I find something along the same lines of what I ate
  • salmagirl
    Options
    Maybe research the chain and what you ate on google and then just put in the info by adding how many calories? That's what I have done with items that the database is not pulling up. Good luck!
  • Neliel
    Neliel Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I usually try to find a nutritional menu on the internet after i've been and just look up what i've had. Most restaurants have their menu and nutritional information on the internet now!
  • Katy213
    Katy213 Posts: 45
    Options
    Its very difficult to be accurate when you have eaten out. Most of the big "chain" restaurants put their info online, but if its an independent one it can vary massively. I always just search for similar meals on the site and then input the one with the highest calories to be on the safe side!
  • sbilyeu75
    sbilyeu75 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I try to find something comparable at another restaurant. Or I look up copy cat recipes and input those in the recipe calculator.
  • lanty
    lanty Posts: 2
    Options
    I recently had dinner out with my son, knowing that we were going to a Harvester pub/restaurant I looked on their website and found that they publish the nutritional values for all of their menu items. (Many of which are already in the MFP database)
    It enabled me to plan my meal before arrival, I thoroughly enjoyed the meal and was easily able to keep within my daily limit.
    If the vebue for your last meal doesn't publish data it may be worth changing to another that does, or even try lobbying the venue to publish the values you need.
  • missyhse
    missyhse Posts: 189
    Options
    Most places have their nutritional value available if you ask, or on their websites. It is a little bit tedious but you can create the meal and then add it.
  • atampa
    atampa Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Thanks i have been looking up the big chain restaurants but it is the small ones i have trouble with. Thanks for the advice about looking for a similar food and logging the highest value it makes sense. Maybe its better to eat in for a while until i can drop some weight.