Vegan

I am going to try going vegan! I was vegetarian for 2 years but never vegan!
I'm a college student and it is going to be hard so I'm looking for some other vegans who have open diaries. Or anyone who supports this and would be able to motivate and encourage me!!
Any advice welcome :)

Replies

• I'm a vegan and have been for 6 years. I even became one while I was in college! :) It was a lot easier to make the transition than you'd think and I would never go back!

Planning is probably the biggest obstacle to overcome in the beginning. Make sure you know what restaurants you can eat at, and come up with meal plans before heading to the grocery store. But after about 6 weeks it just becomes second nature.

Let me know if you have any questions, I'd be happy to help!
  • melelana
    melelana Posts: 122 Member
    I'm not a vegan anymore (struggling with "coming out" to my family) but I was for a while.

Plan on spending money and time at first trying to find out what you like and what works for you. After you get the hang of it and realize what you can eat all day every day and what you really quickly get sick of, you'll be able to drop your costs... possibly lower than when you weren't a vegan!

EDIT: This also means please don't be discouraged if you don't like some of the first things you try! There are a lot of ways to be vegan, and there are a lot of substitutes out there.

Best of luck!
  • DarrenMcCall
    DarrenMcCall Posts: 3 Member
    I'd be happy to share my diary with you. I sent you a request.
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Join this group! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/45-happy-herbivores

And feel free to add me.
  • aishazi
    aishazi Posts: 25 Member
    I've been a vegan since january and I'm currently at uni too! free free to add me I keep my diary open to friends so you can take a took at what I typically eat :)
  • dellaquilaa
    dellaquilaa Posts: 230 Member
    Hey there! I've only been a vegan a few months now, but I gotta say I'm really happy with this lifestyle =) I keep my diary open and there's a decent amount of tasty recipes in there if you'd like to take a peek